Ian M's Famo

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I got the kit, I have the man cave, Now I just need the time When the 109 build is all most done I will make a start on this:

DSC_0257.JPG
I will concentrate my efforts on the Half-track, but if time is on my side the trailer will follow behind... LOL See I made a funny.
So If my Germmen armour building buddies can clue me up on Vallejo model color colours that are an OK match for the German dark Yellow, camo green and camo brown I will do the camouflage version. If not it will be booooooring panzer grey.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I will be watching with interest as it's always been on my wish list but price and space has put paid to it

0ne48thtel

I will also be watching this one it is a great kit and I think you will enjoy building it Ian.

D

dubster72

So where's the tank it's supposed to be carrying Ian? ;)

But that's a serious amount of lovely styrene :smiling3: can't wait to see this being built.

Vallejo colours are:

Dunkelgelb 71.025

Olive grün 71.022

Rotbraun 71.041

However, VMA Dunkelgelb is too dark IMHO, so I'd substitute Iraqi Sand 70.819 instead.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers Patrick. Are they model Air or Model Color, I have the latter. I could also possibly go to the dark side and use Humbrol enamels ...Gas mask is at the ready.

I will post some sprue photos for you all to drool over....

First Name
Dave
I like these I remember standing by a real one and still couldn't believe how huge it was I bet the kits a monster does Valejeo do 5l tins?

Dave

0ne48thtel

Are you doing it OOB or getting the PE extras for it Ian? If you are getting the PE set there is some right tiny beggers to contend with that is if you decide to use said pieces.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I will be in on ,this one, :D

J

John Rixon

Looks a beast, hadn't quite clocked how big these things were! Will deffo be watching this one!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So what is hidden beneath the box art... Shall we have a ganders?DSC_0273.JPG

You get a LOT of plastic. Lets have a closer look. I have not opened the bags that only have one sprue in.

DSC_0274.JPG

Bits of trailer here.  I think..

DSC_0276.JPG

I think these are for the rear steering unit.

DSC_0277.JPG
And some wheels and do-da's for it to ride on.

DSC_0278.JPG

Not sure where this lot belongs....

DSC_0279.JPG

Me thinks this one is for the Famo. I spy a engine block!

DSC_0280.JPG

Bits for the front of the famo.

DSC_0281.JPG

What looks to me like the "cargo" area...

DSC_0282.JPG

Suspension and tools. Those frames for the tarp are so going to brake... Hmmm I wonder where all my brass wire is.

DSC_0283.JPG

Loads of wheels!

DSC_0284.JPG
Oh crap! 

DSC_0285.JPG
The detail is better than my photo!

DSC_0286.JPG
The trailer bed and chassis.

DSC_0287.JPG
And finally the chassis for the famo, a bag of really soft tyres. one of wires and screws and a couple of flat metal bars....The white thing is a sheet of clear plastic for the windows! 

And that is what is in the box. The detail is crisp and very well moulded, I found next to no flash and the plastic has a satisfying weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a SERIOUS pile of plastic - now I'm drooling as well! Did I count right 'cos I saw 12 figures?

0ne48thtel

That's a SERIOUS pile of plastic - now I'm drooling as well! Did I count right 'cos I saw 12 figures?

Hope Ian doesn't mind me answering this but yes there is 12 figures some of the bodies are quite cleverly used twice with the option of different arms and heads.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
what a very big amount of pile of plastic in this one,

and how good is that to get the figures as well, :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Still browsing the instructions book. God I hate Tamiya with their paint numbers and mixes of a bit of that and a bit of this! 
Started paintwork on the Bf 109. so not long before I grab the sprue cutters ...

0ne48thtel

Still browsing the instructions book. God I hate Tamiya with their paint numbers and mixes of a bit of that and a bit of this! 
Started paintwork on the Bf 109. so not long before I grab the sprue cutters ...

Ah but just think of the fun that awaits you when you start building ;) .

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
OMG! that's my #1 dream kit 9_9  A titanic project to say the least! Would probably take me a better part of a year to complete such an involved kit with my snails pace ^_^

Looking forward to more installments ;) ..........Jim :smiling3: