Ian M's Famo

D

Deleted member 4539

Still watching this and it is looking great Ian :smiling3: .

Getting to my favourite part now...the painting.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Ian, this is looking amazing, so much detail! The white straps on the tanks-did this come with the kit or is it D.I.Y? Looks good though.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The white straps on the tanks-did this come with the kit or is it D.I.Y?

It is actually a part of the kit. Not only do they tell you how wide and long they need to be, they even provide a bit of plastic sheet to cut them from.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hello remember me :/
Not given up on this, just been busy. How I ever had the time to go to work I will never know. Since going to grass I struggle to find the time for my plastic bashing! Anyhow.

The trailer is dark grey and has just had a good squirt of hair spray. Been thinking about the famo.... That has now had a splodge coat of panza grey where I think it will need it the most. When that has dried, it will get some hair spray as well. Once that has all dried, time for the desert yellow. (again)....

DSC_0418.JPG

Hairspray drying...

DSC_0417.JPG

Dark yellow now hidden under a splodge coat of Panzer Grey.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Starting to look like something now. The final weathering will be done after all the bits are on and the decals...
Not to happy with it at the moment. I just dont like my models to beaten up. The hairspray job went a bit over the top on the Famo. (Still it was painted in a hurry befor a sand storm kicked in and the body work was a bit dusty. Fritz really needs to 'brush up' on his painting skills.)
DSC_0423.JPG DSC_0422.JPG
Gosh its rather long.... I hope I have a shelve long enough for it.. :confused:

0ne48thtel

A little over two foot when all hitched up. Yep it is a biggun Ian it looks good in the yellow mate.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
WOW! such a kit surely tests ones dedication to the hobby and you are doing it proper justice;)..........Jim:smiling3:

J

John Rixon

Starting to look like something now. The final weathering will be done after all the bits are on and the decals...
Not to happy with it at the moment. I just dont like my models to beaten up. The hairspray job went a bit over the top on the Famo. (Still it was painted in a hurry befor a sand storm kicked in and the body work was a bit dusty. Fritz really needs to 'brush up' on his painting skills.)
View attachment 270686 View attachment 270687
Gosh its rather long.... I hope I have a shelve long enough for it.. :confused:
Wow, this is looking the canine's cohones!!!

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Just caught on to this one Ian boy thats big, looking good

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice work here Ian,looks great,so very well done,;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Still tinkering away with this but due to the silly season, the brother in law buying a house, our own house being in the middle of a new floor and all that it is not easy to find the time. Also not helping that I keep finding bits that need to be added to the kit that have not been painted. I guess it's due to the lack of longer periods of time that is preventing any form of solid progress. I look at the calendar on the wall and see that the end date for this is approaching fast! Could this be the build that sends me over the deadline?!?!? :sad:
Yesterday I found a bit of time and was starting on finishing off the read driver cab... Looked out the window due to a huge flock of geese flying over... Much to my amazement one of the trees at the end of the garden gently lay itself down in the tree next to it resting at 40 degree angle. Couldn't have that staying there so had to get the chain saw out and take care of that. OK I know it wasn't going anywhere soon. but the last thing I wanted was it just falling and taking the other one with it...
The reason it fell? it had totally rotted out at the base! Found two others that was just as bad so took them out while I was at it!
So much for that morning in the mancave!!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
But an excuse to use a chain saw. Everyone likes a chain saw.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Could this be the build that sends me over the deadline?!?!? :sad:
Shame on you ian! You wouldnt catch me doing anything like that:oops::oops:;) dont worry though youve got a long way to go to beat my four engined bomber GB , that was nearly a year late!!:eek: The famo is looking great though. . Cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Yes and you two both moderators - you two should have a good talking to each other, by each other from each other, I think........

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right then. The ballon is well and truly deflated for me on this one so I am calling it done.
I will most likely go back to it some time and do a repaint. Yes its nice and beat up and all that, I just dont like it that much. So at some point I will do the three colour camo in the paint guide.
Any how:
DSC_0446.JPG DSC_0447.JPG DSC_0448.JPG DSC_0449.JPG DSC_0450.JPG DSC_0451.JPG DSC_0452.JPG DSC_0453.JPG DSC_0454.JPG
It was a challenging build that as much as I enjoyed doing it, just became hard work to get into.
Well I hope that you like it and as per normal any and all comments are welcome.
Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR.