Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Tony. Quite in here.

Well You are no longer alone I will be joining in with a conversion of the venerable Jaguar from Airfix, and a heap of resin from NeOmega and hopefully end up with a T2

View attachment 80148

View attachment 80149

The Kit.
View attachment 80150

The Resin
View attachment 80151

View attachment 80152

View attachment 80153

View attachment 80154

View attachment 80156

View attachment 80157

Not sure why there are four seats, One pair needs to be identified and the correct ones used...hopefully
View attachment 80158

View attachment 80159

I have these decals, but they are a bit boring, so I might just find some others.
View attachment 80155

And the "Instructions" for the conversion....Hmmm.
Ian M

IMAG1562.jpg

IMAG1563.jpg

IMAG1564.jpg

IMAG1565.jpg

IMAG1566.jpg

IMAG1567.jpg

IMAG1568.jpg

IMAG1569.jpg

IMAG1570.jpg

IMAG1571.jpg

IMAG1572.jpg

IMAG1573.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
NICE! This looks a great watch Ian , those resin bits look very sharply detailed although the "instructions" are a touch vague!!! Looking forward to the chopping!! cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Me too. It would help if It showed where the nose should be cut off!

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one Ian. Where the heck do you find all the time when you have a house move and other things on the go! I think a 'raspberry ripple' ETPS scheme would suit your T2, or maybe, seeing as you liked the Harrier winter camouflage scheme, something along those lines?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Been looking at both Joe. Raspberry ripple looks fun. Cant find a photo of a twin stick in winter clothes...

As for the house move, still waiting to off load our house. Its getting to the traditional time for house buying so fingers crossed. So its just keeping it tidy (!?) and cutting the grass!

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good luck with the house sale, for some reason I thought you'd already sold it :smiling3: Make the most of the model time you have left then!

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There's a Jaguar t-bird at FAST in Farnborough in raspberry ripple colours. Photo mission possible if required...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
There's a Jaguar t-bird at FAST in Farnborough in raspberry ripple colours. Photo mission possible if required...
Thanks for the offer Rick but photos of those all over the net. Now if you know of one in winter camouflage...

Well to late to change my mind now ....

View attachment 80203

I took a good look at the panel lines on the new nose and compared it to the original one. Out came the hack saw and....Quite a good line that just needs a tiny scrub with a sanding stick. I hope.

Ian M

IMAG1574.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Spent an hour in the company of a bottle of CA and a scalpel. After a bit of a clean up around the Nose wheel bay opening and glueing the rear frame back on that had snapped off in the box I think I figured out where the bits go.

I am sure that this is going to be great fun to paint.... NOT.

Some nice detail that I think will look a lot better once I have blown the dust off!

Wha'da'ya think?

View attachment 80234

View attachment 80235

View attachment 80236

View attachment 80237

View attachment 80238

I even think I figured out what seats are the right ones.
Ian M

IMAG1577.jpg

IMAG1578.jpg

IMAG1579.jpg

IMAG1580.jpg

IMAG1581.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
some nice detail in there Ian , and the seats should look fantastic once painted. The chop job on the nose looks good so far , I reckon youve got the line right despite the instructions!! (or lack of!!) . Hoping to get the razor saw on mine and start butchering at the weekend, cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Ian. Resin looks messy to work with. It looks good though, and good luck with the painting. Look forward to seeing a completed cockpit area soon.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I spent Yesterday painting the cock pit up along with the seats. I was going to get the cockpit sorted, and sewn up, so I could have a go at fitting the new nose.

Errr. Bugger the seats don't fit! Nor did the Instrument Panels...

As I said at the start, there are four seats and four IP's. Sooo Painted up the other seats last night only to find that the IP's are the wrong ones as well.

So today I pinged all the cockpit and started again. Including painting the IP's...Waiting for the primer to cure as I write.

Any how After assembling the cock pit again, I found that the seats that I started with DO fit, which is good as they look a lot better than the others.

Next up is the rather bland landing gear. So I'm off to look at the ones I did for the "Spotted paratrooper". In the meantime you can have a look at these photos of the new cockpit!

View attachment 80404

View attachment 80405

View attachment 80406

I have a feeling that the legs are going to bee fun!

Ian M

IMAG1582.jpg

IMAG1583.jpg

IMAG1585.jpg

D

dubster72

Those seats look really detailed Ian, they really make a difference, glad you got them to fit!

Cheers

Patrick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Humph!

Spent way to much time trying to get the nose halves together yesterday. I sort of got it together, but there was a big problem with the seats in the last photos. Zero room between seat and IP. In fact, they where almost touching. So no room for the joy stick...So swapped the seats out again and now I think I can just squeeze a stick in there...

The Bottom of the nose fitted where it touched. mostly my own fault, I might of cut it a bit off the Guess Mark. Lick for me I have some miliput in the draw.

Things are now waiting for the stuff to harden so I can sand it. Then the fun of replacing all the lost detail....

View attachment 80523

View attachment 80524

View attachment 80525

View attachment 80526

View attachment 80527

Made a new pair of splitters out of a bit of plastic card and got the tanks and surveillance pod together and primed.

Ian M

IMAG1589.jpg

IMAG1590.jpg

IMAG1591.jpg

IMAG1592.jpg

IMAG1593.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
News flash. Kitty has a new nose.

I took the plunge and stuck the new nose section onto the fuselage this evening...

View attachment 80617

Generally quite a good fit. On this side at least. The other side will need a bit of love from an angle grinder to even things out a bit.

Ian M

IMAG1598.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice job Ian. Love from an angle grinder. A very Viking thing to say; or an Aerosmith song maybe.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice work with the resin pieces Ian.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Dave
This is looking really good.Nice strap detail on those seats.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the five minutes here, a half hour there and all of a sudden it was finished!

Sorry for not being a bit more on the game with posting updates.

Any way, this is the finished job.

I'm not that impressed. It's just missing a spark. I dont know.

The Grey on Grey scheme is a bit boring, and the blue on the decals is so dark, it is hard to see it against the black. One of the "flying can openers" markings folded on me. it must of happened when I set it down, as I opny discovered it once it was dry. Not a lot to do with that.

The fit of the very long and very thin vacuum formed canopy was bloody 'orrible. I would have liked to have posed it open, but found it virtually impossible.

Enough excuses. I give you as she looked shortly after the presentation for the demob.

View attachment 81556

View attachment 81557

View attachment 81558

View attachment 81559

View attachment 81560

View attachment 81561

View attachment 81562

The resin conversion went rather well though lol-

Ian M

IMAG1625.jpg

IMAG1626.jpg

IMAG1627.jpg