Ian M's Meteor (bonus SIG build)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the war in Africa took a turn for the worse and the guys in the Eight Army where well and truly pinned down. Their press toward the coast and on to Italy put on hold by the Africa corp having gotten wind of the New Anti tank guns coming over from England, proceeded to blow up all the rail lines, delivery convoys and Ships that tried to deliver them.

The RAF where called on to find a solution to try and turn the tide and "give jerry a darn good thrashing". After collaberation with the Royal Artillery it was found that a fast firing machine cannon was called for. The cleaver chaps at BSA cobbeled together an "overgrown" Gatling gun. Five 4inch barrels throwing 2lb anti tank rounds at a never before imagined rate. The resulting rain of shells could cut the new super tigers in half. Just to make sure they found room to bolt a few 4inch rockets under each of the wings.

Assigned to supporting duties to the 23rd RTR the aircraft where painted in the same camouflage as there tanks that where being used to mop up the stragglers.

The Ground support fighter was born.

View attachment 50940 View attachment 50941 View attachment 50942 View attachment 50943 View attachment 50944 View attachment 50945

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Ian M

View attachment 53555

View attachment 53556

View attachment 53557

View attachment 53558

View attachment 53559

View attachment 53560

IMAG0628.jpg

IMAG0629.jpg

IMAG0630.jpg

IMAG0631.jpg

IMAG0632.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats just wicked Ian!! I love it , the camo looks brilliant and the gatling gun and rockets would have been a fearsome combination, i just hope the pilot remembered to retract the undercarriage before he started strafing tigers !!!!LOL 5 stars from me , cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
"Panzers worst nightmare", cracking build Ian and just glad you didn't cut into it. It's just crying out 'bring it, i dare you'. Got to give you a big five stars mate.

Have fun, John

P

Polux

I feel.... that you wanted to do this project, and give me the sensation that you has enjoyed very much with it!!!

"What if".... I give you 5 stars!

Cheers

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the comments.

Whilst developing the system it was found that it was a good idea to have a circuit breaker in the nose gear system that prevented the Gatling gun being fired while the gear was down. This was discovered whilst doing a routing gun alignment. No body was seriously injured in the incident but the nose wheel and leg was given a good burial. After they had found all the bits...

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a wicked looking tank killer Ian.

5 stars mate.

Tony.

M

mobear

this is crazier than a box of frogs,however its fantastic,the camo is nifty and the gun,well if you sneeze with wheels down........hahahaha,5*s from me Ian

mobear

A

AJay

Great work, Ian. That's a great camo job you've achieved. I'll hopefully get the nerve to try one one of these days. :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian i don't know how i missed this one 5 stars all the way the camo looks fantastic on it hope mine turns out half as good as it

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Ian. I don't think I'll see another one of these !!