Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As is mine Derek.

It was your build that made me want this one as well. I'll get the pit sorted, then I'll have a look at the well.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just grabbed an hour or two while the Spuds where in the oven.

Bang Seats now with harness and pull cords. Still need a bit of paint here and there. Fine detail brushes are in the post!!

I will say now that I would of been much happier if NeOmega did Martin Baker Mk V in 1/48. These are from Aires and the harnesses are in PE and are a pain in the rear to get them to sit.

NeOmega have the whole lot moulded in resin in one lump. A challenge to paint, but they look loads better.

Anyway here are my Aires seats.

View attachment 59645

Once said detail brushes are in hand, I will have another stab at the IP's 'cause at the moment they are looking rather tatty.

Ian M

View attachment 61411

IMAG0894.jpg

First Name
Dave
Those harnesses look pretty good to me.Thinking of getting some resin seats for mine.

J

Jim Scott

Doesn't look tatty to me either Ian, looks mighty fine...I think I had better get my coat with some of the kit you guys are putting together my efforts will pale in comparison.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice job on the ejection seats Ian. Don't worry Jim, mine is basic too mate.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
They look OK, just a fiddly job to get them sorted. I prefer the seats with the harnesses moulded on as I think they are finer and look more natural.

As to you guys, saying you are starting to feel below par. NONSENSE! Each to their own! If you are happy with what you do, carry on doing it.

As I said before, most of my builds are out of box. I just tend to go a bit over the top with the goodies on SIG builds.

You are all doing great.

Thanks for the comments. I started hacking at the fuselage, to get the new tub to fit - it would of been nice if there was a guide as to which bits to cut off.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

You did a cracking job on those harnesses Ian i think they look better than they would have done if moulded but each to his own i say. Nice work mate.

Andy

First Name
Michael
Looking really nice Ian, itching to get started on mine but I'm determined to finish the current build first. M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh Poop. I just had to look didn't I.

I was looking at the UC bays, in the kit and then had a look at the resin ones on the web....Big mistake.

So... they are on the way. Along with a radar for the nose, oh and wing folds.....

So I'll have to put a hold on this while the postman fights his way through all the snow!!!!

Will I ever learn. I doubt it.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well while waiting for the other bits, I chopped the wings ends off! never a nice moment taking a scalpel to an expensive bit of plastic!

Got them off with out any problems though Phew. While at it I freed the ends of the flaps and what nots also gave them a bit more definite edge at the front...

Made up the engine pipes as well three bits of resin and a bit of PE to each. Not the most difficult bit of resin work. The detail in them is about a 100 times better than the kits original parts.

When my mobil/cell phone is charged up, I'll snap a couple and post them.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So phone charged pictures taken...

View attachment 59916

The outer wing is now a part all by its self! I hope the wing fold fits!!!

View attachment 59917

The ventral auxiliary air intakes, Which I have a sneaky feeling are transposed the installation diagram was as clear as mud. Looking at them again I'm not so sure any more.

lets hope the fitter gives them the green light.

View attachment 59918

the kit part

View attachment 59919

the resin replacement. A little bit shiny need a flat coat.

Ian M

View attachment 61664

View attachment 61665

View attachment 61666

View attachment 61667

IMAG0904.jpg

IMAG0905.jpg

IMAG0906.jpg

IMAG0907.jpg

First Name
Dave
Nice detail on the resin engine exhausts.Although the kit parts aren't too shabby,if you don't look inside.Looking forward to seeing the wing folds built up.

J

Jim Scott

The Way to go Ian, most definitely like your additional bits n bobs

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great looking resin exhausts Ian , looking forward to seeing the wingfolds go together too , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Speed bump!

Well I am now at the inpass. I can't go further with the fuselage until the postman comes with the wheel bays, I can't do more on the wings either.

A test fit of the engine did show a slight problem. The resin ones are about twice as long as the kit ones, and parallel. Can you see where this is going...

View attachment 59961

Well I ain't going to cut the pipe in half!

View attachment 59962

The false bottom in the fuselage will have to go, it also fouls the ventral auxiliary air intakes. So I think we'll get rid of that insted!

View attachment 59963

jobs a good 'n

Ian M

What to do while waiting for the postie??

View attachment 61709

View attachment 61710

View attachment 61711

IMAG0908.jpg

IMAG0909.jpg

IMAG0910.jpg

First Name
Dave
How about another spitfire while your waiting?.Im on my third in a row while I wait to be given my Phantom.