Ian M's plan B

C

CDW

looks great mate

as for accuracy then you can always adjust as and when in the future as you say

\ said:
... time for a fishing trip over the weekend now!!
I wish :sad:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the fiddly bits are done and the bulk of the painting done. However I am really not happy about the colour on the quad. I had ordered some paint from track pads, but it seems to have gotten lost in the post...they have sent more but still waiting on that as it was only posted Monday. I am thinking of a light mud and dark brown camouflage as worn in the Sicily/Italy theatre.

As it stands now, its either plain sand or maybe mickey mouse camo.

The rust looks a bit bright in the pictures but I assure you that its not that bright. Honest.

Piccy time.

View attachment 49250 View attachment 49251 View attachment 49252 View attachment 49253

I made a couple of tarps out of foil and a camouflage net out of some insect net, to dress the limber a bit and also as a muzzle bag. Under transport the guns breach, sights and aiming controls would also have been covered to keep them clean. My convoy is just getting going, so they have not covered those parts yet. And it would be a shame to hide all that detail under a tarp.

Ian M

View attachment 52056

View attachment 52057

View attachment 52058

View attachment 52059

QP01.jpg

QP02.jpg

QP03.jpg

QP04.jpg

T

tecdes

Must admit that I just looked in out of curiosity. I am very impressed Ian. That is some fine work.

God there is so much to this model making how am I going to fit it all in.

I like that very nice.

Laurie

P

Polux

Hi Ian!

Why you are not happy...? Looking good so far. This vehicle will change so much with weathering!!! Don't worry!!! Personaly, I love it so much. Sorry for ask (I don't know), the mickey mouse camo is on Brown or black like the modern ones??

Looks great, and I will be waiting for your next step!

Cheers

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I am another who has looked in out of curiosity - A very nice build here Ian. Impressive detail. The last 'soft-armour' I built was the Tammy 88 back when it came out first, in the 70's, when I did a diorama.

Maybe when my stash of aircraft is done I will try some armour again now you have whetted my appetite....

C

CDW

I wouldn't be happy with it either ....

I think you should give up on this and start another, meanwhile you should send this lot off to me where i will dispose of it on my display shelf after i've finished the weathering a bit :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Or alternatively.......... ya daft bugger, stop frettin' .. it's a crackin' build so far !!!!! :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looks the biz..i especially like the artillery looks quality bud like the stowage at the back ian makes it more realistic..ive seen the tamiya box with both these in might right it down for my xmas list..

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Ian, to quote 'Oddball'......"Too many negative waves, baby!"

Now't wrong with this at all, it's a very neat build.

Ron

M

mobear

absolutely stunning painting of this Ian,loving the rusty bits

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the positive vibes every one. lol

Its not that I am unhappy with the paint job, its just the colour lol. Still I have just to figure out how to do the MM camo with out making a total mess of things. I might have a look and see if I can find the frisk film....

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Hi Ian, what i'm going to say i mean in the nicest way mate, "touch it and i'm slap ya fingers". I've had a good long look and can't see anything wrong. Can i ask whats up with the colour mate?

Jave fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well how long have you got John.

Na the thing is I saw a 25/17 Pheasant bring towed by a Quad on a road in Sicily and it had a rather unusual camouflage. So I thought I'm having some of that! After a bit of background work I found me way to which colours where the most likely. These where so ordered over the from Track pads.

Then I found noticed that the quad was a Morris C8 and not a Chevy, which the Tamiya quad is. The paints did not turn up and they are presumed lost in the post. (Andy at Track pads is sending some more though). So I painted the quad and gun as per the destructions. It's not that I am not pleased with the paint job. It's just not the one I wanted to do so I am a little bothered by it.

A Ha! the good news is that John is now going to have to come all the way to Denmark to give me a slap. I tried to figure out the masking for the MM camo and failed BIG TIME. No paint was sprayed dont worry.

So I chucked the masks in the bit and grabbed a hairy stick. Well the real ones would of been painted up in the field so why not....

It looks sort of like this at the moment.

View attachment 49324 View attachment 49325 View attachment 49326

Oh I made a new tarp for the roof in the Quad. Its made out of heavy aluminium foil. Just laid it in place of the photo. It needs sticking own and a few tie downs added.

The holes in the roof are to stick the spare wheel in. I was also thinking of adding a 'roof rack' as some of them had one.

Ian M

View attachment 52095

View attachment 52096

View attachment 52097

QP05.jpg

QP06.jpg

QP07.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Oh right, now know where this is going (me bad). I forgot they did mickey mouse for the theatre you are doing, i thought it was a repaint Ian lol (think i got out of that and if not, get the Akvavit ready). Looking good and the new tarp is a lot better than the kits tarp.

Have fun, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Like what you've done with the windscreens Ian, couldn't think why they put new ones in the photoetch. Now i know, trust me lol. Looking nice and dusty, can't wait to see what happens next.

Have fun, John

M

mobear

you have done this magnificently,cant wait for next part

mobear

First Name
Chris
Looking good Ian, great work. 5* so far I too look forward to what you do next.