Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good, I like the curve.

Frisk (or frisket) film is used a lot in custom paintwork and airbrushing but I haven't seen it used much in modelling. I sometimes use it for masking around stickers or graphics on vehicles that we don't want to remove and refit. If I spray the colour lightly up to it then remove before clearcoating the edge is almost invisible.
You must have a good supply of it then lol.
I like it for many reasons. Its low tac, easy to cut and can be pulled off and stuck down a few times. Useful for multi-colour work.
It can be a pain if it stretches, but it's stretch does make it handy for doing curves..... I really should use it more.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice build and paint job Ian, Just wanted to ask since I'm late in and the masking of the canopy makes it hard to see but does this version have the inner frame?

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ian
Just had a catch up. It is looking good. Neat masking all round - canopy and body. Nice job with the preshade. I have tried it a few times but usually obliterate it with my heavy handed colour coat.
Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice build and paint job Ian, Just wanted to ask since I'm late in and the masking of the canopy makes it hard to see but does this version have the inner frame?

Cheers,
Richard
Yes it has, watch this space....
Hi Ian
Just had a catch up. It is looking good. Neat masking all round - canopy and body. Nice job with the preshade. I have tried it a few times but usually obliterate it with my heavy handed colour coat.
Jim
I find the Xtracrylix paints one of the better to use over a pre-shade, Vallejo air is almost the same. The trick is to go light and stop when you think, 'just a bit more'. Make a cuppa and let it dry a bit. It makes it easy to see if it was enough.

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
DSC_1454.JPG
Well that turned out OK. Now the big question. To weather it a bit or not. As we all know the Mossie was pretty devoid of the hundreds of panels as on a metal aircraft. There are some but mostly hatches and the odd rivet here and there.....
Exhaust staining... Yes that should be there..... I must see how I am feeling as the day goes by.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 7237

Wonderful job Ian, looks the business all right :thumb2: .
Pete.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
For those that are still awake and not fallen asleep waiting.
The photos of the finished bird can be found here:

Thanks for following along and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I.