Ian M's Tiger meet Saab (on hold)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have had this sitting in the stash, and have quietly "forgotten" it. I saw a photo on the interweb and thought 'gosh' I like that, so bought the kit with just this project in mind.

Only one problem though. I'll have to do the decals myself....

Here is the box top and what it should end up looking like. Sprue shots later......I'll edit them in here...

View attachment 65206

And the sprue shots:

View attachment 65244 View attachment 65245 View attachment 65246 View attachment 65243

View attachment 65207 View attachment 65208 View attachment 65209

So while thinking over the best plan of attack and If I want to do the full monty; cockpit, bang seat and all that, (well it is a SIG) I might just see if I can find a motorbike for the group build!

Ian M

View attachment 66336

View attachment 66337

View attachment 66338

View attachment 66339

View attachment 66373

View attachment 66374

View attachment 66375

View attachment 66376

IMAG0098.jpg

photo_72911.jpg

photo_72912.jpg

saab-39c-gripen-9235-czech-air-force-cef-caslav-lkcv.jpg

2013-07-05 21.17.23.jpg

2013-07-05 21.17.33.jpg

2013-07-05 21.17.51.jpg

2013-07-05 21.18.09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

Let's do it Ian!! Hope you don't 'paint' this eyes... Are quite terrific, I'm feel afraid!!! ;)

You will do it justice, I'm sure!

Polux

Ps: just wondering if everybody will do planes...?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a goodly choice Ian. You'd have thought that one of the decal manufacturers would have done that version as it looks so good.

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks chaps. I think generally Saab are to small a market to make it interesting enough for a decal makers to pick it up. If it was on an f16....

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great choice Ian! I was looking to see if there were any decals for this too, i'm sure it was at the Waddington airshow a few years back and it (unsurprisingly!) stuck in my mind. Hope you can sort the decals , it'll be a real head turner , cheers tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That will be a real head turner Ian, I love those eyes on the stub wings.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry for the lack of action on this build. As some of you know I feel base over apex a while ago and cracked a few fingers and a thumb. (No I was sober).

So not built a thing of late.

I can now use my fingers, but they are still a bit on the ouchy side. Also my fine control is a bit shot which isn't ideal for model building.

I will however start trying to sort out the artwork for the decals soon, so I can print some off.

Tony, If I can get them sorted, would you like a sheet?

When was the finish date again...

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Sorry for the lack of action on this build. As some of you know I feel base over apex a while ago and cracked a few fingers and a thumb. (No I was sober).So not built a thing of late.

I can now use my fingers, but they are still a bit on the ouchy side. Also my fine control is a bit shot which isn't ideal for model building.

I will however start trying to sort out the artwork for the decals soon, so I can print some off.

Tony, If I can get them sorted, would you like a sheet?

When was the finish date again...

Ian M
Ive never used printed decals before Ian , i'd probably make a mess of them!! Thanks for the very generous offer though , cheers tony