Ian M's XVI (I know another spitfire.. :) )

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Digging in the stash I found this, which was purchased for the princely sum of Kr.90 Which is pretty close to £10 with change :smiling3: View attachment 97673

The kits from this maker are actually rather good.View attachment 97670

View attachment 97671

View attachment 97672

The decals on the other hand are mosaic just waiting to hit the water. Never had one with good decals. So I will be using some from the decal stash to build ACM Sir James Robb's private hack.

View attachment 97674

The top one in overall blue.
So far so good, just need to fine a good blue paint...

More later...

Ian M

IMAG1950.jpg

IMAG1951.jpg

IMAG1952.jpg

IMAG1953.jpg

IMAG1957.jpg

D

dubster72

I didn't think we'd see a 1/48 Spit under a tenner, so well done Ian! Can't have too many!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
ICM are not the most expensive and I Denmark they are quite cheap. I think the normal price is Kr.110 -Kr.120 But I bought "a couple" (6 actually) so got a bit of discount...

Ian M

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice one Ian,will look forward to seeing this, ;)

A

AlasdairGF

Nice scheme for it! I'm doing the Revell XVI (on hold right now) so curious to see how they compare. (Actually looking at the sprues, I think one might be a re-box of the other... Revell model came in well over £10 so nice find!!!)

Are you doing this buttoned up or with engine etc exposed?

D

dubster72

The Revell one is a re-box of the ICM kit Doug - I saw it in Modelzone recently & was tempted!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well after a bit of a fight getting things lined up and stuck together I conclude that the pile of kits on top of it while stashed, has squished it a bit!!!

Anyhow...

View attachment 97747

I sort of forgot to take pictures on the way. Sorry. I'm at home off work due to stress! Shoot me. lol

The filler afront the flappy things are a sink mark which is common to all ICM spitfires. easy fix though so not an issue. The wing root was a bugger, due to the aforementioned squishing! Still got it more or less sorted and a swipe of Vallejo filler sorted that.

The Engine will not be going in.... I have other plans for that. ;) Still to figure out how to mount the exhaust stacks...

This airframe had the cannons removed after some one pranged it on a fast landing. During the repair it was also painted the dark blue I am doing it in. Before that it was pale blue.

More later.

Ian M

IMAG1958.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good score for under a tenner Ian. Nice start, this is going to look awesome in that blue scheme.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Ian, ;)

like how you get to have the bays open,

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
like how you get to have the bays open,
Sorry Mon, I had not fitted them when I took the picture, they are closed now. This spit had the guns removes any way, so not much to show anyway.

Its in primer now and I'm waiting for that to cure a bit, so I can flip it and do the underside of the wings.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I'm calling this done. the finished result can be laughed at here:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/ian-ms-under-a-10er-spitfire-xvi.29700/

Short and sweet from me for a change, but I hope you enjoyed the build...

Ian M