IBG 1/35 Tankietka TKS z NKM wz. 38 FK-A 20mm

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Neither of those looks like he’ll fit in the seats, no. But given how little would be visible of the insides, almost any seated figures that fit in the seats would do, I’d say. However, this was a joking suggestion in the first place :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I spent several hours last night adding the small bits to the chassis - it is a puzzle, to sort out where the bits go - luckily the part numbers are correct, otherwise it'd be like a MENSA test!
DSCF1672.JPGDSCF1673.JPGDSCF1674.JPG
It does help to have an engineering background..........working out how the fan drive worked took

quite a time!
The instructions (!!) would have you butt join the steering column/wheel/support to the chassis floor ( no hole, or anything ), so I added two small pieces of tubing to the bottom of the shaft to give it some support.
wheel.jpg
I masked up the edges of the hull, where the mudguards will join ( not fitted yet, as I want to paint the top track runs ), and sprayed the track units & the interior with grey primer. I'll break out the small brushes, for the interior detailing, which may take several attempts/touch ups. I may start dry fitting the upper bits, to actually work out what you actually will be able to see through the open hatches., and concentrate the detail painting in those areas. ( I've just noticed, I haven't added the battery, yet )
It must have been extremely uncomfortable travelling in this thing - the engine burning your elbow, and I bet the noise was a little overwhelming!
Dave

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Cripes! Can you imagine being sat next to that hot, noisy engine with all the hatches shut! I suppose the fan sucked the hot air away from the driver rather than blasting him in the back..

Nick

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Still can’t be very pleasant to sit right in front of the radiator …

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Having watched the video I linked to earlier, I can only agree with that :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
It had been my intention to airbrush the camo scheme, but I realise the upper hull has so many hatches & holes it's going to be easier to brush paint ( not to mention how small it is )
DSCF1684.JPG
I'm going to spray the basecoat, but the hairy stick from then on
Dave

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I really don't fancy sitting next to that engine. It must have been very noisy and hot.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
My dad had a BMW icsetta when i was a kid and we used to get him,my mum,me, my baby brother and a dog in that!! Still seems spacious compared to that tank :tears-of-joy:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wow, haven’t seen one of those for years and years.....probably ideal for inner city driving these days. It solved problems the Smart car hasn’t even thought about yet.....

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Wow, haven’t seen one of those for years and years.....probably ideal for inner city driving these days. It solved problems the Smart car hasn’t even thought about yet.....
It was OK until someone parked to close to the front then you couldn't get in it.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
All very nice - until you had an accident! No protection at all - at least on a motorbike you had a helmet!
Dave