IBG Scammel pioneer

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
This is why I usually dry-fit things like the cab and bonnet to see which parts underneath them can go straight into the spares box :smiling3: With a lot of soft skins you can leave the entire engine out, or only fit the sump, and nobody will be the wiser.
Wasn't much I could leave of this,was only 15/20 minute build anyway won't be paint detailing.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi Mark
As Tim says there is some lovely detail. Just hope that quite a lot can still be seen on the completed model. Your build is very neat and clean :thumb2:
Jim
Thanks Jim got a bit of clean up to do but won't be to fussy unless I model it upside down in a ditch lol.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Shaping up nicely.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good indeed.

Well done.

Andrew

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Mark,
That's looking very good! I'm now tempted, and I can resist everything except temptation!
Steve :thumb2:

Jakko

[ˈjɑ.ko]
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I have got the truck bed and crane.under way have some pe to add.to the crane and this nice little name plate for the winch.View attachment 433748View attachment 433749View attachment 433750
Oh! I just noticed something I picked up on another forum recently when someone else built one of these: Is the central part of that crane boom fixed in place yet, or still movable? Because it should sit parallel with the two side booms, not between them (like, I gather, this kit almost wants you to put it):

scammellpio_2.jpg

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Oh! I just noticed something I picked up on another forum recently when someone else built one of these: Is the central part of that crane boom fixed in place yet, or still movable? Because it should sit parallel with the two side booms, not between them (like, I gather, this kit almost wants you to put it):

View attachment 433764
It's done as per instructions might look into altering it if it's not to much of a pain otherwise it will stay as is.