• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
very nice indeed. How would you rate the ICM model? I've been looking at larger ( than 1/35 ) figures, but having been defeated by a couple of MiniArt 1/16, I'm a bit wary............
Dave

D

Deleted member 6559

Thank you Dave.

Miniart 1/16 figures are terrible and I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Some are makeable, and I still have a couple in the cabinet, but they are way below par compared to Tamiya and Dragon. As for ICM, this one was superb, though of the other three I've attempted I only succeeded in completing the Viking - the others have been a bit under-detailed.

I would recommend some of the Tamiya's to get you into the larger scale. Rommel, the German tanker, great-coated German and IJN pilot are probably the best.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Pure class Mr.D.Great to hear that the ICM kits are ok to use.Im still dabbling and putty pushing,All i see at the moment are legs arghhh.
Excellent mate.
Richard.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Peter,
Wow what a fantastic finished piece! He looks brilliant. Nice to see you tackle the modern figure.....Glad he didn’t give you much trouble :thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding! Glad to see you have found a new genre of figures that you like. Are there many modern warfare busts you could do??

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Glad you like him. Good to hear that your sculpting - legs must be pretty difficult.

Si - Thanks. It was really nice to do, and with 25 parts, quite complicated for a figure.

Steve - Cheers that man. There are modern busts - I've painted some for Mookies and Sarnia. However I've just taken delivery of a couple of Verlindens - a Desert Rat and Russian revolutionary general.

D

Deleted member 4539

Excellent finish Peter :smiling3:.
Is the desert rat sticking the v's up?.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thank you. Yes it's the V-sign Desert Rat.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Very nice and a new era of figures to tackle too.

The camo must have been a real relief after some of the WWII ones!

Looks like some more 1:16 figures on the bench

Have fun with the weather, back to autumn showers

Another Saturday in, and after a gas fire service nearly, £1000 lighter, new chimney liner and new fire.

No new kits for me for awhile!

Have a good day with your next project

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve - Just taken delivery of Tamiya's Gulf War era US infantryman, and it's great - alternative poses, heads, equipment etc. Same desert camo as this one, which is relatively easy to do. I'm working on another version of Tamiya's German tanker at the moment - can't be bothered to blog it, but will post pictures of the finished article.

That's some hefty chimney bill - ouch! The thermo-couple went on our gas fire years ago and it's something we need to fix (together with the rotting conservatory), and new kits will be out of the question for me too.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
£1000 lighter, new chimney liner and new fire.
Ouch! Doesn't seem an unreasonable price, but something you could do without I'm sure! I know how you feel, I might be needing a new boiler shortly - it keeps tripping out, at completely random intervals, sometimes multiple times in a day, then perhaps not for 4 months. The lights are flashing a diagnostic code that, according to the manufacturers, doesn't exist. Waiting for their engineer at the moment.
Pete