ICM 1/16 French Republican Guard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_3474.JPG

OK, lets see how this one goes. This is one of the ICM re-issues of the old Revell figure kits. I bought it with the thought of trying to convert it into a Danish soldier c1864, but as that didn't seem so feasible on opening the box, I just decided to build it as is.

The sprue and destructions shot:

100_3476.JPG100_3475.JPG

Very cleanly moulded in medium hard grey plastic. The instruction sheet has a numbered parts guide on the other side. For some reason there are four choices of paved ground for the base.

I've got on and constructed it ready for painting:

100_3477.JPG

It all went together very well, with only a minute amount of filler needed. I didn't particularly like the way the cuffs were done in two parts, especially as cleaning them up destroyed quite a lot of the delicately inscribed decorative detail. I therefore ended up adding new cuff detail using lead foil - the fine lines will be painted on. Similarly some of the cap decoration was lost when removing the mould lines at the side, but I think that I should be able to remedy that with paint.

I don't think this is a particularly exciting figure and if anything it's a bit to modern for my taste, but I'll give it a go.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Quick build, with a very smooth and tidy uniform

As expected from a ceremonial guard, can't have creases and mud!

Should be a gentle refresher for the painting muscles.

Still no sun here, and cold too.

Have a good day, if you get chance to open the paint pots?

regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Plastic doesn't really cut it at this scale, but this is as good as it gets.

Steve - Off to the in-laws for a buffet style dinner so no painting today. I'm going to walk over with the dog (they live about a mile and a half away, cross country) so that should delay my arrival somewhat (snigger),

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hello gang.
Will sneak in and take a pew with the guys.Got me Dulce gusto machine ready if anyone was wanting a frothy coffee.
Richard

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Mate.
Head looks fine to me.Think the time of year quells the mojo somewhat and the gloomy grey skies.Far too many distractions like t.v and scoff.Will start back to my stuff in a week or so.I sold x2 busts before Christmas which was a surprise.Onwards and upwards my friend.
Richard

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - So good to hear that you're carrying on, and what timing on the sales - congrats.

Mick - I will keep going - just don't find the figure or subject particularly exciting.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
these are actually new ICM tooling ( well, 2017 ) reboxed by Revell - there are a whole batch of them, British Guardsman, Yeoman of the Guard, US Marine, Italian Caribinieri. The subjects and poses are not exactly ground breaking, and a bit boring! The Viking, and the Night King are much more interesting
Dave

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Dave. This one has ICM packaging. I've done the Viking and binned the Night King, and I agree that the poses on the rest are a bit boring. As guards though, I suppose they do do a lot of standing around.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I shall sit near the door in case we have to leave early if binning takes place .
Is the kettle working yet ?
John .

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Nice work on the head, especially with the mojo at a low ebb!.

The time between Christmas and New Year does seem to be out of step, all your routines get thoroughly shaken up.

I have finally managed a straight leg lift from a horizontal position with my new knee, I can start to reduce the medication and get back to normal service!

As mentioned the ICM range is very plain, but guards, guarding isn't exactly stunning, but excellent practice, if needed?

Its grey and grim here still!

I need some decent light to photograph my finished build before 2019

Might not happen!

Hopefully some good light, and positive mojo for you today Peter

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Chaps.

Thanks for looking round the door, but don't take a seat as, guess what? I've binned it. Combination of crummy model and having absolutely no interest in it. That's the last plastic figure I'll do for a while.

Steve - Very glad to hear that the new knee is twitching into life.