ICM 1/24 1913 Model T Roadster - a therapy build..................

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Dave. Interesting controls on that beast ! I don’t think I’d be able to drive one ;)

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
More progress, the chassis is complete - the wheels are a sloppy fit to the axles, so they'll need to be glued. The bodywork has been sprayed with AK 3rd Generation Dark Prussian Blue and needs more varnish coats to bring up the shine to match the fenders
DSCF1282.JPGDSCF1283.JPG
The hood is a tricky little assembly and needs careful handling! Primed black - I think I'll use a dark grey for the material
DSCF1284.JPG
Coming onto the tricky bits - the interior, especially the steering wheel!
dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Like this. The blue and brass is quite smart.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Whilst spraying another gloss varnish coat - I wondered how much the old Airfix 1/32 Model T models sold for, I almost fancy making one of those. That is until I saw how much they were selling for! Cheapest was £18. The original moulds date back to 1951 ! Think I'll give that a miss!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interesting Dave. I saw three of those Airfix 1/32 vintage cars (not including a model T) in an antique shop a couple of years ago. They were in 1950’s poly bag packaging priced at six each, and I thought that was too much LOL.....

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The steering wheel - a two piece affair, the rim & the spokes - very fragile - I managed to break off & lose one of the spokes very annoying - The controls added to the chassis ( such as they are ), and detail painted.
DSCF1285.JPGDSCF1287.JPG
Bonnet only dry fitted!

The seat painted & washed added to the bodywork. The hood painted & awaits it's window. Front window frame brassed up
DSCF1289.JPG
Moving onto the fragile bits now - when they're fitted it's going to be tricky to pick the thing up!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bodywork attached - needed a bit of jiggling, but it's finally attached - if I was doing it again, I'd leave the seat out, to give better gluing access
DSCF1292.JPG
The front window is a real pain - flexible frame - metallic paint - large windows. I resorted to using Kleer as an adhesive, I might have to give another overall coat to the the window assembly, before fitting it. Lights, horn & oil can to add. Final part will be the hood................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This will be last post in 'under construction' I've added various bits...................
DSCF1293.JPGDSCF1294.JPG
I would have added more, but I got a severe attack of the dithers, and had to call it a day! Anyway, the next pictures will appear in the completed section..............
Dave