ICM 1/32 AH-1G Cobra (early production)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That is looking very good Barry, despite the seat issue.

Very well done.

Andrew

Last edited:

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have done some final fittings and have some final touches to make when the Gator Grip holding the smaller lights has dried. That includes shaking the seat back into position as it fell out when attaching underside ‘bits’.

I will do a completed thread as soon as I can which may be Monday or even Tuesday.
59FD3F02-80A0-48FF-8CF2-5436D6C11A90.jpeg

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Just some final thoughts on the build.

it is particularly disappointing about that seat because I think that the camo job is one of the best I have done with a plain single colour scheme, creating depth and interest, rivalled by just two builds a Tamiya OD Mustang and the ICM I-16.

The final touch was dry brushing with Uschi Metal Powders. I just love this product which comes in three types, Chrome,Iron and Steel effect. Dry brushed onto the surface or does a couple of things. It makes the detail pop and creates a real ‘painted metal’ look, dry brushing gives the surfacemore of a worn appearance rather than chipped, but, using a cocktail stick to rub it onto the surface you can also create chips in the paint as well. If you have not tried it, give it a go, it is really easy to use an so versatile.

As for the kit, I highly recommend it. Yes the canopy was a pain but, overall it’s a great build

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Barry for your final thoughts. I really do like it.

I had forgotten about the Uschi Metal Powders. I remember you mentioning them before in another thread and so have added them to the ever-growing list of things to think about getting.

Thanks again.

ATB.

Andrew

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looks great Barry, shame about the seat, but it could have been so much worse!
Pete

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice build Barry, pity about the seat back coming loose but who would really notice just looking at it. I agree with you about the Uschi powders, I have the steel which is great for the shiny bits like bucket teeth, dozer blades, etc.

Andy.