ICM 1/35 Model T 1914 Fire Truck - by popular request!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
By a margin of 1 vote, I'll be building this.....................
icm fire truck.jpg
This is one of several 1/35 Model T variants that ICM produce, of which I have made two:
model T Ambukance .jpg1-35 Model T utility.jpg
This is relevant, because, as far as I can see, build stages 1-22 ( of 57 ) are exactly the same as these two - apart from colours!

Sprue shots - I have cheated & lifted these off the ICM website - instructions are there as well.....................
sprue 01.jpgsprue 2 02.jpg35605-1-1.jpg

I'll put up some detail shots tomorrow, but at first glance, the parts are crisply & cleanly moulded. As is the ICM way, parts seem to be moulded to scale, so care will be needed to extract bits in one piece. Tyres are moulded integral with the wheels, which I prefer to vinyl bits. One disappointment is the lack of any decals - I would have liked some from a small town America Fire Department.
Dave

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looks a nice kit. Now are you sure you cant do a three colour camo scheme on this vehicle?? :smiling3: :smiling3: ;):cool::thumb2:. Good luck!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Whats the plastic like Dave ?
I'll sit with Steve and stop him going on about damned 3 part camo :smiling3:
John,
plastic feels OK - not greasy!, but I'll know when I start cutting bits & cleaning them.
Steve, somehow I think a 3-colour camo scheme would defeat the whole object of being noticed - doh! :rolling:
Dave

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I like something a bit different Dave, a fire engine fits the bill, I'll follow along.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking forward to this one Dave.

All the best.

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
A few detail shots......................................
DSCF1859.JPGDSCF1864.JPGDSCF1863.JPG
Seat looks as if it belongs in a living room!

DSCF1860.JPGDSCF1861.JPGDSCF1865.JPGDSCF1866.JPGDSCF1867.JPGDSCF1868.JPG

Not a whisker of flash & the mould lines are minimal - looks good in close-up!
DSCF1869.JPG
As I said previously, pity there aren't any Fire Department decals, but it is what it is!
This seems to have sparked a good deal of interest! - thanks to those who voted for it :thumb2:
Don't know if I'll get started on this today, it's hit 25C already, and not even 11:00am.....................
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Looks a very nice kit and the subject is unusual. I have no doubt you'll make a great job of it. You can probably sail through the first 22 stages with your eyes shut :thumb2:
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES IM pleased to see something i voted for getting built what a bone shaker lol but its some thing different have fun Dave
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice moulding, so clean and detailed. Makes a change from some of those Eastern European ones I've built.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I have actually made a start on this - it's been too hot to sit at the bench during the day, but I finally sat down at 7:00pm, the temperature had dropped below 25C. I had to resort to Revell Contacta, as the TET dried far too quickly. This now brings a problem - I always have difficulty in airbrushing when it's hot. I reckon I can get away with priming by brush, but for a good red topcoat, I think airbrush will be necessary! If the days don't get any cooler, I might have to set my alarm clock for 3:00am, so I can get that all important topcoat on!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I have actually made a start on this - it's been too hot to sit at the bench during the day, but I finally sat down at 7:00pm, the temperature had dropped below 25C. I had to resort to Revell Contacta, as the TET dried far too quickly. This now brings a problem - I always have difficulty in airbrushing when it's hot. I reckon I can get away with priming by brush, but for a good red topcoat, I think airbrush will be necessary! If the days don't get any cooler, I might have to set my alarm clock for 3:00am, so I can get that all important topcoat on!
Dave
Don't blame you Dave,I managed to top coat the tractor mid morning, any later would I'm sure would have caused tip drying extraordinaire !

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
You might be OK I gloss varnished my zil Sunday afternoon, 30c !! No real problems,was still 30 at 8 pm in my neck of the woods:confused::tired:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

That really is a lovely looking kit and as you say the seat looks better suited to a living room/parlour!!

Keep up the good work.

ATB.

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
It's a very simple model - but then again the Model T was a simple car - the early versions ( like this ) didn't have electric lighting, and were crank started - two transverse leaf springs, no damping, must have given an interesting ride!
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
very nice build Dave should look nice when finished an will you be able to do the radiator in a nice shiny gold like on the box pic ?
chris