ICM 1/35 Model T 1914 Fire Truck - by popular request!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Back to it - a nice refreshing breeze, and its only 17 C !
It pays to look at the instructions................ the bonnet in the pictures above is actually the wrong one. When I tried to fit it, I couldn't believe the abysmal fit! It does help to get the right parts..............................
DSCF1884.JPGDSCF1886.JPG

The Ford emblem is just about at my limit for painting - it still needs a lot more touch up, but that's the best I can do - I can only keep my hands that steady for about 5 mins!. I managed to break off one of the headlamp mount arms & lose it, so I'll have to cobble together a replacement.
DSCF1885.JPG
I gave up on the idea of AK True Metal on the brass parts, they're too small & delicate, so I dug out a bottle of Mr Metal Color Enamel Brass, it's much easier to use.
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just a quick update, my osteoarthritis has kept me away from the bench, I've been doing everything single handed!
Now the pain & swelling has subsided & my wrist/hand is just stiff, so hopefully I'll be able to finally finish the firetruck!
Dave

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just a quick update, my osteoarthritis has kept me away from the bench, I've been doing everything single handed!
Now the pain & swelling has subsided & my wrist/hand is just stiff, so hopefully I'll be able to finally finish the firetruck!
Dave
I certainly hope so Dave:thumb2:,
Sorry to hear about the returning affliction..... all things considered,it`s quite remarkable what you`ve managed to achieve whilst suffering like that:cool:,it really is a cracking looking truck,a pleasure to see something so bright and vibrant :smiling:,
Top stuff!
Andy