ICM 1/35 Model T 1914 Fire Truck - Finally finished.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After a week or so break, due to my wrist, I've finally managed to get this finished
DSCF1901.JPGDSCF1902.JPGDSCF1903.JPGDSCF1904.JPGDSCF1906.JPGDSCF1905.JPGDSCF1907.JPGDSCF1908.JPG
Another little gem from ICM - it's a very simple model, but ends up being quite an eyecatcher. I enjoyed the build, but was frustrated in the middle by my OA, I wanted to finish it, but with only one useful hand, that wasn't possible.
This confirms, in my eyes, that ICM are now the best maker of wheeled softskins at the moment - add to that their 1/48 aircraft, and other products, they now are equal, if not better to all but a few makers. ( You can tell I like ICM kits!!, and no, I'm not on commission! )
Thanks for looking in
Dave

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nice work indeed Dave, I’ve got one to do for some firefighter figures I did a bit ago. Hope mine turns out just as good.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
That is nice. Smaller than I imagined. I find red is a difficult colour to work with but this looks good. Praise indeed for ICM :thumb2:
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Dave youve done a crackin build on this model just as i thought you would as you are a very good builder pity you have that hand trouble like the other Dave (gern ) as he also is a crackin builder as i voted for this an you havnt dissapionted me very well done mate an i have been havin shakin hands when im over contrateing but if all us normal poster start breaking down then we just got to hope there will be some new blood in to help us all keep this wonderfull forum goin
ATB Chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

Very well done indeed. That has turned out beautifully indeed.

Very well done, especially considering how small it is even at 1/35.
ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nicely done Dave and very eye catching details that the little kit has.

Cheers,
Richard

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks for all your comments - much appreciated!
Yes, it is pretty small - as a matter of curiosity, I downloaded the instructions for the 1/24 version. Apart from a few minor differences ( like rubber tyres.... ) they are identical in terms of parts breakdown & assembly, which makes sense, I suppose! I've enjoyed this build so much, I might go for another ICM model, shortly................
Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Great work Dave I think the end job shows just what a good kit it was to start with , I've lots of ICM 1/72 stuff in the stash ,old but still good, im in to the Zvezda snap fit 72nd kits at the moment absolutely beautiful, but as we've discussed before brand aversion rears its self , looking towards the next one hope the wrist gives a bit of restbite. Dave