ICM 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 247 Ausf. B

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Paul.

At the moment I have only the very vaguest idea, and I don't really know what I'm doing, so the end result will be as much of a surprise to me as it is you :smiling5:
if you have any questions feel free to ask there are many knowledgeable people on here.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks mate, I'm currently trawling the internet for ideas and inspiration.

Once I have that I'm sure I can figure out the mechanics of putting it together, but I'll be sure to shout up if get stuck on anything :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 7181

With the decals dry I gave this a black oil pin wash then a flat coat. I went over some of the edges with a grey dry brush again then blew on some dust.

I used 3 different shades of brown, mixed with Mr Color "Flat Base Rough" which, as the name suggests, gives the paint a flat and slightly textured finish. Ideal for dust I thought. Some low pressure splattering was done too.

tcn7g1h.jpg

WIcAkDL.jpg

There are still a few bits to do like fit the headlamp lenses and various hatches, but it's getting close.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thank you both. I thought it looked a bit dull straight after painting but it definitely seems to be coming to life with the weathering.

Dave, with the bits & pieces pictured on the previous page I'm going to do a workshop type diorama for it. I've worked in them for over 30 years so I should be able to conjure up something fairly believable. I'd planned on doing it behind closed doors though just in case I stuff it up, but knowing me I'll get all excited and start a build thread!

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Looking really good Andy. You've achieved a great 'wood effect' on the tools - something else I need to work on....

Nick.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps, I really appreciate the feedback.

Nick, for this it's based on something I've seen Ron / Spanner do. The vallejo wood colour is quite transparent so after a couple of light coats it was a bit patchy, but in a good way as it gave a nice non uniform finish, so I left it like that.

A couple of blobs of really thinned down brown that I was using on something else, swished about with a damp brush, and I was happy.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thank you Tim. I've gotten a bit distracted with something else but will hopefully get some completed pics up in a day or two.

Gary G

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
That is a nice looking model Andy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Have to agree with everybody, in fact one of your best.
The paintwork and dust are superb.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Great paint job. I know you said the modulation was not as strong as you felt it could be but the subtle weathering has worked a treat over it. The dust effects are very nice. I've not heard of that "Flat Base Rough" stuff but looks effective.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your comments and the great feedback. There are some completed pictures here.

Jim, it's just a flattening additive that they do in smooth or rough. Seems to work quite well.