ICM 1/35 Sd.Kfz 247 Ausf B

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Some finished pictures of my first ICM build, which is blogged here

I really enjoyed the kit and might well do it again in the future when I'm a bit more confident about chopping things around, as the engine bay and interior give loads of scope for additional detail.

UbXvkkc.jpg

Mpkn1DE.jpg

wm4NpBU.jpg

RLnYTtg.jpg

HV7qTT4.jpg

B5JfIbk.jpg

4Jhes4Y.jpg

yWbkJlF.jpg

yKL5zgS.jpg

K7GG88X.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word you've nailed it mate . Definitely a winner of the Dogs Award when I get on the PC .

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nicely done Andy. The dust work is superb.
John.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bang on Andy fantastic ,still not brave enough to do the airbrush dust thing what colour did you use and what thinners ratio, well done mate. Dave

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks for the great comments chaps, really appreciated.

Dave, I used Mr Color lacquers, 321 light brown and 517 brown. These are both a bit semi gloss so I added some of their "flat base rough" mixture, which adds a bit of texture and removes the sheen. I never check exactly how much I thin my paint, I just go until it feels right, but probably around 1 part of the paint & base mixture to at least 4 or 5 levelling thinner.

I dusted on the light brown first, then lowered the pressure right down until the paint was just spitting out of the airbrush to add some splatters.

I then did the same with a 50/50 ish mix of the light and darker browns on a smaller area, then yet again with just the darker brown, working on an even smaller area, hoping to give the impression of wetter dust lower down and in the recesses.

Some dry pigment work might have added even more to the effect, but I tend to get myself in a mess with those so chose not to use them this time.

Hope that helps.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
nowt wrong with that, top notch

instead of mr color laquer try the mr color aqua acrylics

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks all.

Can I print that off and frame it John? :smiling5:

Paul - I keep meaning to give them a go but end up going back to "if it ain't broke". How would you say they compare? I can't fault the lacquers except for the fact that brushing in a touch up is a risky business!

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Why not !!! :smiling3:
Thanks all.

Can I print that off and frame it John? :smiling5:

Paul - I keep meaning to give them a go but end up going back to "if it ain't broke". How would you say they compare? I can't fault the lacquers except for the fact that brushing in a touch up is a risky business!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
... and here she is! A real little beautieeee. Well done mate. A great finish. Hopefully this one is on the mantlepiece in full view.

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Steve, glad you like it.

This is the first time I've sprayed on a dust effect and like how it's turned out. Might make a nice foundation for further work.

My favourites live on my computer desk, but it's starting to get a bit crowded!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I spray on two colours - light on top of dark. The next stage is to do splatter marks using different mediums and consistency's building up different layers of mud and dirt. But then you know I like my builds dirty ;) :smiling5: :thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very Nice Andy, you’ve made a lovely job on this great looking vehicle :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
One to definitely be pleased with. Pride of place on your desk.
Jim