ICM 1/35 Sd.Kfz 247 Ausf B

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Jim.

I keep looking at it knowing there are areas where I could have added lots of extra details, but I'm working up to that so maybe next time. For pretty much OOB I'm very pleased with it though.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
now that's a real cracker! Panzer Grey is easy to spoil with overdone weathering, but you've got that spot on.
What's on your build list next?
Dave

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Dave, I did think about doing more but glad I stopped where I did.

Next up, I'm not sure. I'm currently building a workshop scene to use as a base for this one, and maybe a future backdrop.

After that it's either the ancient Tamiya M557 command post set, or I have the new release Zvezda SU-57, but I'm waiting for the aftermarket to catch up for the digital camo masks, and I need to work out what colours to use.

Although if the Zvezda Typhoon gets released any time soon that's going to the front of the queue!

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nicely done Andy, I will admit a vehicle that has a light weathering (like yours) looks so much better than a vehicle that looks like it has partied hard at the Glastonbury festival!

Lee

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

Haha, thanks Lee!

I'll not be able to get that image out of my head the next time I see a muddy build :smiling5:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Only just caught this one andy , excellent work . The weathering is just perfect for my tastes ,well used but not caked in it , great job , cheers tony.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That looks quite special. A monotone colour, which is anything, but monotone. Nice job.

First Name
Mike
Really nice Andy, not just the overall weathering but your detail work on the tools and exhaust is really convincing.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Sorry completely missed this, apologies.

As the others have said that has turned out very, very well indeed. As you have said one to be very proud of.

More importantly how did ICM get to hear about it? Did you send them a picture?

As I said great work.

All the best.

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I am glad I got to see this one as well.
Just how I like them, Used but not abused - dirty but not 'saved' by a thick crust of mud. (like some of mine lol).
(oddly I like the vehicle as well. makes me think of a mad max type pick up truck....)

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Ian, very kind of you.

That's exactly the kind of look I was aiming for, so it's pleasing to know I achieved it.