ICM 1/48 SAAF Korea F-51d

T

T. van Vuuren

Hi all.

So far this is my ICM 1/48 F-51d that will be in the collours of 2 sqn SAAF at K-10 Korea.

The bare metal is pannels of Tamiya X11 and Humbrol alluminium that was then scuffed with scotchbrite to look like the grain that bare Alclad has.The rudder was left "silver" to look like doped fabric. Unfortionately the effect doesn't show up so well in the pix :sad:

The SAAF Springbok roundals and finflash are on order.Some gunstains were drybrushed on and oilstains were aplied to the bottom.

Theuns

View attachment 23718

View attachment 23719

ICM P-51d 001.jpg

ICM P-51d 002.jpg

F

Fenlander

Coming along nicely Theuns. Looks good in the NMF. Did you find the kit OK? I thought it went together quite well, but mine was just a boring RAF version. Looking forward to updates on this one.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great work theuns! Its so difficult to get a nice varied metal finish, youve done it perfectly, keep it up ,cheers tony

T

T. van Vuuren

Thank you lads, yes the hit was not to bad, highly detailed, the only thing that made it a little more tricky was the lack of locator pins to help with the lineup.Apart from that the fit was good and the canopy sits ontop of the frame to add some nice "feel" to it.

I just hope that the clearcoat woun't hide the grain effect.

Try it on a piece of plactic, paint it silver and scuff it up.Some areas slightly harder and in other areas in a different direction, youll be surprized to the effect when viewed from different angles, it really looks like alclad.

Hopefully it will look like this when done.

Theuns

View attachment 23723

View attachment 23724

saaf p-51 2.jpg

saaf p- 51 3.jpg

N

noble

Beautiful job so far Theuns the metal finish is sweet.

scott