ICM 1/48 Spitfire Mk.XVI - completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Finished..........................
DSCF1598.JPGDSCF1599.JPGDSCF1600.JPGDSCF1601.JPGDSCF1602.JPGDSCF1603.JPGDSCF1604.JPG
The ICM Spitfire Mk.XVI is a model that needs a bit of work, but all the details are there - I didn't use the engine, but I could see that a nice diorama could be made, utilising all the parts. The only thing I added was masking tape seatbelts. These ICM Spitfires are good value, as long as you don't expect a Tamiya 'shake the box' model.
I enjoyed this a lot, hence my moving onto another RAF fighter - the short lived Airacobra Mk.I
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

That came out really well indeed. A great finish.

Well done.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice Dave, another worthy winner of the dogs.

Congratulations.
2020DB.jpg

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I have a hankering for a Spitfire with a contra-prop - I know several Mk.XVI & XIX were fitted with them, but not to production status - I looked around,and the only 1/48 model I can find is the Airfix Seafire F.Mk46/7. I do have a Trumpeter Seafang in the stash, but that is very much a what if? model..............
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just seen this one dave , lovely looking spit . Im very tempted by the ICM spits , they seem like very nicely detailed kits for a bargain price , as long as you know the pitfalls to look out for , which your build and richards are showing nicely , think ill have a look for the one with the beer barrels and the raaf one :thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just seen this one dave , lovely looking spit . Im very tempted by the ICM spits , they seem like very nicely detailed kits for a bargain price , as long as you know the pitfalls to look out for , which your build and richards are showing nicely , think ill have a look for the one with the beer barrels and the raaf one :thumb2:
Tony,
I've seen them on ebay for <£14 delivered, which is good value!. One thing you have to decide is showing engine panels open, or closed. Open, no problem - closed, you have to choose which engine parts to fit, which locate the exhaust etc - if you fit the complete engine, you end up having to carve the rocker covers & other bits away to get the top cowling to fit! ( Yes, I did that )
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers dave , ill remember that