ICM - Krupp L3H163 - 1/35

Hello,

It's been a while. Have been busy doing some work around the house again, modeling two rooms with nice effect, but finally managed to finished this German Truck.

This was my first go on an ICM kit. I was really surprised by the number of details but then while working on the chassis I started to wonder how on earth did they managed to mould such thin parts and.. why would you do that anyway, as you basically can't see anything when model is completed.. This is one of these models you may label "overengineered".

One more problem was with fitting the larger parts with each other, like cabin to the chassis..

Decided to put it on a small base:

Enjoy:

DSC_8554.jpg

DSC_8552.jpg

DSC_8555.jpg

DSC_8556.jpg

DSC_8561.jpg

DSC_8564.jpg

DSC_8566.jpg

DSC_8568.jpg

DSC_8569.jpg

DSC_8573.jpg

DSC_8577.jpg

DSC_8578.jpg

DSC_8581.jpg

DSC_8583.jpg

Now some big beast on the workshop - T90! :smiling3: Yeah!

Thanks,

Bart

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build Bart,

real like the look of this one,very nicely done with the weathering and mud,

like the added bits and bobs also ,weathered nicely,very well done,like it;)

F

Fenlander

Very nicely done Bart. I built the Revell rebox of this kit marketed as the Henschel Type 33 D. Virtually, if not, the same kit and yes, over engineered and very brittle plastic but it is a lovely detailed kit to build and you have made a great job of it.

This is the Henschel and there are some differences after all, the bonnet and a few bits and bobs. Mmmmmm, that means I may have to get the Krupp's version:eek:

henschel-40.jpg

Last edited:
T

tommy1drop

Cracking build Bart, the truck looks superb mate, as does the base work, excellent work ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, fantastic work Bart. I like everything about your truck, right down tot he mud effects and the base. Great build.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice one Bart, looks great

Lee :smiling3:

First Name
Jimbob
Really good looks good on the base as well will agree that some of the parts just disintegrate when trying to remove them from the sprue hence my d33 has plenty of brass wire replacements vowed never to build another one but you never know!

Jim

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
A really nice looking truck and I love everything about the look of it from the base up to the detail of the interior oil canisters and tarp over the deadly cargo.

The painting and weathering and mud effects look fantastic.

Fantastic build

Cheers

Robert

D

demon

Very nice don't do vehicles myself but every time I see a good build like this I think I should give it a go

Roger