ICM L1500s lf8 fire truck

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent work Mark, some neat mods as well. Makes you think does anyone at the manufacturer ever build a 1 st off ?.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Excellent work Mark, some neat mods as well. Makes you think does anyone at the manufacturer ever build a 1 st off ?.
Thanks John, I expect someone probably does build one but they will have a bit more skill and experience than me no doubt :smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Mark,

Fashionably late to the party, as usual and playing ketchup here. Very nice and clean work so far. ICM kits do go together well with some love and care. Green is nice and that came out well too!!!

There is one of these fire engines in the Stammheim Museum about 40 minutes from where I live. It's based on the Opel Blitz chassis and if you don't mind, here is a pic or three,

DSC03765.JPG
Sorry it's so blurry, camera had a hissy fit. Here's a pic of your problem piece,

DSC03766.JPG
And a cool addition on the side of the trailer and on top too,

DSC03767.JPG
Extra fire hose reel and wooden Blocks to put over the hose(s) as protection from other vehicles driving over them and/or the metal connections between them. Maybe an idea for some more scratchy Sir???...........

Prost
Allen

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Morn Mark,

Fashionably late to the party, as usual and playing ketchup here. Very nice and clean work so far. ICM kits do go together well with some love and care. Green is nice and that came out well too!!!

There is one of these fire engines in the Stammheim Museum about 40 minutes from where I live. It's based on the Opel Blitz chassis and if you don't mind, here is a pic or three,

View attachment 455759
Sorry it's so blurry, camera had a hissy fit. Here's a pic of your problem piece,

View attachment 455760
And a cool addition on the side of the trailer and on top too,

View attachment 455761
Extra fire hose reel and wooden Blocks to put over the hose(s) as protection from other vehicles driving over them and/or the metal connections between them. Maybe an idea for some more scratchy Sir???...........

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen italeri do an opel blitz fire engine which looks pretty good,may add that to the stash soon.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
OK so whilst putting the gloss on I got a bit carried away and ended up with some runs :loudly-crying: ...so I've had to fine wet and dry it down and repaint it!problem is that it now has no decals:confused: but to be honest being black they couldn't be seen very well and I still have the number plates etc. Painting it again hasn't done any real favours for the panel lines but the fresh paint is still sucking up into them, hopefully when polished nicely it take the eye off! The trailer next! I buggered that up to!:tongue-out3:20220626_220620.jpg20220626_221529.jpg20220626_220349.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks like you have a pretty high gloss on it already Mark......it won't take much polishing to knock yer eyes out! :smiling:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looks like you have a pretty high gloss on it already Mark......it won't take much polishing to knock yer eyes out! :smiling:
I've used some automotive acrylic gloss on it,I'll polish it with 7000 wet and dry just to take the head off a few dust spots then use a 12000 grit polishing pad, this should leave a nice finish but take the edge off the shine a little bit.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Mark.

ATB.

Andrew

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Pity about the paintwork Mark, you look as if you're sorting it though! Not much the ubiquitous Opel Blitz chassis wasn't used for was there!
Steve
Getting there Steve, from what I can find out they where based on various chassis types including their own.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking good Mark. I don't know if there is such a thing a "scale gloss" but models often look better when the gloss is slightly muted. Same with chrome. That chrome finish already on some kit parts looks to thick and shiny on a model.
Jim

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looking good Mark. I don't know if there is such a thing a "scale gloss" but models often look better when the gloss is slightly muted. Same with chrome. That chrome finish already on some kit parts looks to thick and shiny on a model.
Jim
Cheers Jim, yes I think your right about the gloss shine, I can do a whole coat with ab with a decent finish when it's for washes and decals but soon as it comes to a gloss topcoat it always seems to go belly up!