Icm wot 8

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Oh good,been hoping you`d start this soon!
As i said previously Mark,i`m interested to both,see what you think of the kit itself,and see how you interperate it :thumb2:,
I agree about the recent ICM kits in general..... very nice,and vastly underrated....IMHO.
Good luck with it mate..... following all the way:cool:,
Andy

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Oh good,been hoping you`d start this soon!
As i said previously Mark,i`m interested to both,see what you think of the kit itself,and see how you interperate it :thumb2:,
I agree about the recent ICM kits in general..... very nice,and vastly underrated....IMHO.
Good luck with it mate..... following all the way:cool:,
Andy
Well as I'm still pretty much a novice compared to a lot of you guys here I'm just hoping not to end up over painting and over weathering it to be honest lol. Might attempt a based for this as well,that we'll be another first so cheers I well probably need that good luck :smiling:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Mark!..... Don`t get me wrong here......
..... I`m not coming at you from a big "I AM" angle....... that`s just not me at all!:thumb2:......
..... I am in NO WAY AT ALL an "Expert",(No-one ever truly is in this modelling Lark.... we are ALL,ALWAYS learning),i`m really looking in as i have the same kit,and am interested in your thoughts and take on it:smiling: ,NO pressure meant mate.....
.........It`s just a hobby after all,and you should enjoy what you`re doing,otherwise there`s no point!!
EVERY ONE of us had to start at some point,......
Enjoy building it and put up pics whenever you want,we`re ALL here to help,learn and be prepared to experiment:thumb2:,
What i`m trying to say,in a very round about Devonian way is.......
Enjoy your model,do what you want with it,ask questions,(NO Question is a silly one!!),we`ve ALL asked anything you can think of in the past!! ;)
Crack on mate...... Have fun,and welcome to the "Forever Novices information society"..... EVERYDAY IS A SCHOOL DAY!!
Andy

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That truck looked familiar as I had seen some D-Day images of them wading in the surf towards the beach with a tractor on standby if any get stuck.
That could be a good base if you're looking to do one.

Cheers,
Richard

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
..... I`m not coming at you from a big "I AM" angle....... that`s just not me at all!:thumb2:......
..... I am in NO WAY AT ALL an "Expert",(No-one ever truly is in this modelling Lark.... we are ALL,ALWAYS learning),i`m really looking in as i have the same kit,and am interested in your thoughts and take on it:smiling: ,NO pressure meant mate.....
.........It`s just a hobby after all,and you should enjoy what you`re doing,otherwise there`s no point!!
Enjoy building it and put up pics whenever you want,we`re ALL here to help,learn and be prepared to experiment:thumb2:,
Enjoy your model,do what you want with it,ask questions,(NO Question is a silly one!!),we`ve ALL asked anything you can think of in the past!! ;)
Crack on mate...... Have fun,and welcome to the "Forever Novices information society"..... EVERYDAY IS A SCHOOL DAY!!
Andy
No worries mate
Andy
No worries mate, :thumb2: just saying this won't be as an exciting a build as some, and im glad to have your interest:smiling:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
All builds are interesting, just some are way beyond my meagre skills - will be great to see another 'normal' human doing the building (rather than the 'supermen' that are here!) :upside: :smiling5:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
:smiling5: nicely put Gerry! LOL
Saying that, I've learnt loads in the short time that I've been here - and I've 'pushed' myself to try new things (not sure if I've done these folks justice with them though!)

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Saying that, I've learnt loads in the short time that I've been here - and I've 'pushed' myself to try new things (not sure if I've done these folks justice with them though!)
I know what you mean,just put some colour on my t55 and tried some black and white preshading for the first time,far from brilliant but practice makes perfect and I think it looks better than my normal colouring in!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Mark,
I've got the WOT 6 in the stash, so I'll be following this with interest. I've made quite a few ICM softskins, they can be a bit complicated, but worth the effort!
One thing I would say is - ensure the chassis is square! - I always let mine really set overnight - that way you have a fighting chance to get all 4 wheels on the ground ( at the same time ).
Enjoy!
Dave

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark,
I've got the WOT 6 in the stash, so I'll be following this with interest. I've made quite a few ICM softskins, they can be a bit complicated, but worth the effort!
One thing I would say is - ensure the chassis is square! - I always let mine really set overnight - that way you have a fighting chance to get all 4 wheels on the ground ( at the same time ).
Enjoy!
Dave
Cheers Dave, last one I did let set with a little bit of weight on it.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
The chassis rails are together and I've made a start on the engine, there was no flash at all and everything a perfect fit.
Next is to build the axles then paint them along with the chassis before fitting as the exhaust pipes fit between them,won't be doing to much detail on the engine as it won't be seen.20210516_115840.jpg20210516_115714.jpg20210516_115419.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Mark, looking good so far. I would leave of detailing the engine too if it's going to be closed up but that sadly looks like a nice piece to really go all the way with detailing.

Cheers,
Richard

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark, looking good so far. I would leave of detailing the engine too if it's going to be closed up but that sadly looks like a nice piece to really go all the way with detailing.

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers.I have a zil 157k with the old fashioned hinged down the middle bonnet so I'm gonna try and go to town on that one.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Mark,
it's a common thing with ICM, they supply you with a decent engine, but the construction won't let you show any of it! the Renault AHN is a perfect example
nice engine.......................
chassis & engine 01.jpg

BUT, there is no way you can see it! I assume that work on the engine was done via panels inside the cab, or the engine was dropped out
fin 02.jpg
Pardon me for adding my photos, but I find this on all the ICM models - the engine is great, but all it does is locate the exhaust pipe & prop shaft!
Dave

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark,
it's a common thing with ICM, they supply you with a decent engine, but the construction won't let you show any of it! the Renault AHN is a perfect example
nice engine.......................
View attachment 423461

BUT, there is no way you can see it! I assume that work on the engine was done via panels inside the cab, or the engine was dropped out
View attachment 423462
Pardon me for adding my photos, but I find this on all the ICM models - the engine is great, but all it does is locate the exhaust pipe & prop shaft!
Dave
It's a shame really, they needn't have supplied much more than a sump and gearbox!