Icm wot 8

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
A very sensible approach if i may say so mate :thumb2: ,
As for the static grass applicator,well,they can be quite pricey ..... if i could suggest 2 things?....
1,if you wanna REALLY CHEAP option..... load the base with PVA glue,sprinkle on your static grass and rub a balloon on your shirt;)...... yes,i said a BALLOON..... any old cheap party balloon will suffice,the rubbing will statically charge it,hence,when you pass it over your grass it will stand up.... and a bonus is,any of the grass that wasn`t securely fixed will migrate to the balloon and make it easy to rub off and re-use!:cool:
2,If you go on YouTube,put in "Static Grass Applicator"..... there are several examples showing you how to make one for just a few quid, admittedly they`re not as powerful as the expensive ones,but as you want to start off with small bases it would be a nice starting item.:thumb2:
Just a thought mind,sorry for rambling on!! :astonished:
Andy
I'm glad you mentioned a balloon because I did have that same thought, I might try a 20 quid eBay job, reviews say there not as good as the expensive ones obviously but are OK.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Love this Mark. Just a bit more dust on the chassis area and it will seem real! As to static grass applicators, the fly swat home made types work pretty well. I used one for a few years until I sprung for a flock box type. There are several “how Too’s” around, and it really isn’t hard. The only drawback is that they can take a while to cover a larger area.
Thanks for the input Tim :smiling: :thumb2: any grass will only be smaller areas anyway to start with, going to concentrate on ground surface,shape,texture,tyre tracks etc, then slowly start adding more detail to bases then I haven't got to learn everything in one go.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
Looking really good. Weathering is something that is difficult to get right. Take it steady. Tyres look good.
Jim

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Certainly looks right to me on the tyres Mark. I've never used any model tarps, just cover the area in cling film and drape over it pva soaked paper. Esp the type that comes in shoe boxes.
Thanks John :thumb2: good tip for the tarps,mIght knock up a frame from sprue to have a practice on.

Reactions: JR

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
In completed soft skins,
Thanks everyone for your likes and comments :thumb2: :smiling: