IDF M60 Blazer

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so heres my entry for the GB

had this in the stash for a very very long time, i can remember buying it on ebay when i got back into modelmaking so it must have been 2007 or 2008, often thought of doing it but chickened out to do something else but its time has come lol

its certainly the largest AFV kit ive attempted

View attachment 113298

View attachment 113299

View attachment 113300

View attachment 113301

View attachment 113302

View attachment 113303

View attachment 113304

View attachment 113305

done my old trick of making a hole and gluing in a nut,,,,i have a threaded rod which then screws thro the bottom of the hull giving me a 'handle'

ive also bonded in a few large heavy nuts. this will add some mass to the whole thing. ive done it before and it helps to make it sit on the tracks a bit better, and makes it feel a bit more substansial if you pick it up

View attachment 113306

and heres the real deal......plan is to make a simple sand covered base for it all some how

seems they started out in a green colour, often overpainted in a sandy colour.....ive seen pics of some extremely weathered ones where the sand paint is worn away but thats way beyond my abilities, so its going to be a sandy one lol

View attachment 113307

View attachment 113308

ivzt4g.jpg

2lji3j9.jpg

jsomrc.jpg

f9i5d.jpg

df8sas.jpg

2dj1hfa.jpg

1zwopee.jpg

4j3p7r.jpg

2s7jtl0.jpg

2qwcwaw.jpg

jpj1ud.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
View attachment 113589

this seems to be one of those kits with a zillion parts in the box.......it seems ive been sticking bits together for ages and not got that much to show for it

i think it will be one of those that suddenly all comes together

24yqtg4.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
got most of the reactive armour added today

the kit came with two figures but one is complete rubbish and has been binned......which just leaves Moshe the legless tank commander lol

looking forward to laying down some paint in a few days

View attachment 113787

View attachment 113788

ht652x.jpg

2dtpw5d.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
its basically together, all the greeblies are attached, the bustle was an absolute pain!not as neat as i would have liked but its the best its going to be. it will get filled with cans and boxes and stuff anyway

next will be some paint, and im not sure what im going to do, need to go and do some more research....................or looking at pics of tanks on the net as swmbo calls it lol

View attachment 114120

View attachment 114121

104p79x.jpg

2j51mcz.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
at this point...............paint is on, its a bit light cos it was all i had thats vaguely close and i hope once i get a brownish wash on it will look better...had a go at this preshading malarky, never got on with it in the past but since this is a light colour over all i thought id have another crack at it...its had a good coat of Kleer ready for the wash and the decals applied

currently doing the boring job of doing the road wheels

View attachment 114470

View attachment 114471

10how36.jpg

25ezb6v.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so me and swmbo have had a few days away which has given the oil wash a chance to dry off although it dosnt seem that noticable in the pics, given it a coat of matt varnish to dull it all down too

planning on a pigment wash to mucky up the road wheels a bit

tracks next, which aint my favorite thing

View attachment 115163

View attachment 115164

207xrhv.jpg

2zji0wn.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work Paul,dose look good so far ,like the sand color ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
calling this done

it all suddenly came together

used one of those Tamiya weathering kits to add some black soot to the rear of the engine vents, could have done with a little more i think.....added some sand pigment to the tracks and road wheels to dirty them up a little

added bits and bobs to the bustle

knocked up a base with a sheet of polystyrene packaging, loads of pva then sprinkled with sand, didnt get the effect i was after so ended up paining with some cheapo poster paint....plan is to use this for the Panzer II as well

more pics in the finished thread

View attachment 115375

2n83hut.jpg