"il levriero" A 72nd what if

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Good imagination and skills Nick. I particularly like the way you've built action into the pose.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very cool indeed Nick!
The paintjob is stunning and adds to make the thing look REAL....
..... In fact,I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually get that manufactured and sell loads of em ;)
Superb stuff mate, love it!
Andy

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Very cool indeed Nick!
The paintjob is stunning and adds to make the thing look REAL....
..... In fact,I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually get that manufactured and sell loads of em ;)
Superb stuff mate, love it!
Andy
Andy
Now ive done this in 72nd, there is a wee urge to do an upgraded one in 35th, now ive worked out the mechanics lol
Many thanks bud, glad you like him, if it was real i don't know what the MPG would be, or how expensive to run. No traffic jams, just go x country as the crow flies
Nick

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Good imagination and skills Nick. I particularly like the way you've built action into the pose.
Cheers...
That was my definitive intention, and its worked out well.
Nick

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Nick, I'm another late catch-upper (if that word has a meaning...) but I'm fascinated by your job: it's wonderful:cool:.
It shows what a modeller can achieve with a lot of imagination and skills without spending huge amounts of money and getting a lot of fun (but far less sleep).:sleeping:
Have you thought to sell the idea to Lucas Film? Il Levriero would be in his habitat on Tatooine, unless he occasionally has to look for a tree ... :smiling4:

Andrea

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Open season on spot the kitbits lmao
The main body is obvious, you mentioned that yourself :smiling3: I can’t place the turret, but you mentioned it’s Modelcollect, and looking at their site I get the impression it could well be off their “E60” what-if German tank destroyer. The sides of the “head” are the sides of a Sherman (or M3 medium) final drive housing. No idea about the triangular parts under the wheel wells, and though the sprocket under the front looks familiar, I can’t place it.

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
The main body is obvious, you mentioned that yourself :smiling3: I can’t place the turret, but you mentioned it’s Modelcollect, and looking at their site I get the impression it could well be off their “E60” what-if German tank destroyer. The sides of the “head” are the sides of a Sherman (or M3 medium) final drive housing. No idea about the triangular parts under the wheel wells, and though the sprocket under the front looks familiar, I can’t place it.
Jakko
Yup on the body,
Yes M3/M4 final drives
Turret was spare from a MC E60 Sabelzahntiger sprue.... so yes.
Those 'familiar' bits...... keep thinking lol
20 points to you
Nick

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Nick, I'm another late catch-upper (if that word has a meaning...) but I'm fascinated by your job: it's wonderful:cool:.
It shows what a modeller can achieve with a lot of imagination and skills without spending huge amounts of money and getting a lot of fun (but far less sleep).:sleeping:
Have you thought to sell the idea to Lucas Film? Il Levriero would be in his habitat on Tatooine, unless he occasionally has to look for a tree ... :smiling4:

Andrea
Andrea
Would love too, but one thinks there is many bits obviously identified, then there is the copyright thing, if all scratched then why not
Many many thanks for dropping in and enjoying
Nick

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Top Job Crazy Man!!!....All work and no sleep really paid off in the end. Kudos Nick and is there any beer left in the fridge???.............

Prost
Allen

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Top Job Crazy Man!!!....All work and no sleep really paid off in the end. Kudos Nick and is there any beer left in the fridge???.............

Prost
Allen
Allen, none tonight ......still have a day to work, don't think i need it, a natural buzz prevails
Nick

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Two final additions, a yellow pennant and the national flag...... ready for a scene methinks, i have another what if project for this to accompany.
20220529_110932.jpg
Finito!!!!
Nick

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Brilliant Nick!! And congrats on the award.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Terrific results on a fun build. Nice one Nick…..