I'll squeeze buy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I decided with an up and coming move on the cards. I wouldn't start another build just yet. So I decided to do a proper base for my recently completed Pioneer.
It will be quite small and allows me to practice my buildings. So I have dug out the blue foam and set about it. Using an old paint brush with the bristles removed I embossed some bricks and the cobbles. The whole lot has been sealed in diluted PVA.
DSCF2485.JPG

DSCF2486.JPG

DSCF2487.JPG

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Another builder like John R and Ron :thumb2: That looks very good even at this early stage.

House or job??

You'll have to explain that a bit more please :tongue-out3:
Jim
Hi Jim, will hopefully be moving house soon we received an offer on our place which we accepted. As to the paint brush, when the paint brush has reached the end of its useful life I pull out the bristles to leave the ferrule on the end. Then using a pair of plyers I form it into the desired shape. This can then be used to emboss the shape into the foam.
that's some serious cobbling Scottie!
Thanks Neil.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Well all the best for the move.
The paint brush cobble maker - now I understand :thumb2: What a clever idea :tongue-out3:
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The dreaded house move!! I wish you all the best with that one Paul during these difficult times. ;) It will be interesting to see what you find behind the old pots of paint when you clean out your man cave. Great to see you are still at it with the building. Luv it to bits. Looking forward to see where you are heading with this one. Good luck my friend.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Goodluck on the house move Scottie. Foam job looks good too.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Always traumatic. This was the 16th move for us since we've been married, Feb of 69. We moved from Atlanta Georgia, arrived in Dayton on the 20th Dec. 89, and were totally unboxed & decorated for Christmas by the 23rd. Practice does make perfect. Organization/documentation are the secret. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Well all the best for the move.
The paint brush cobble maker - now I understand :thumb2: What a clever idea :tongue-out3:
Jim
Thanks Jim, it is simple and using different size brushes gives a great selection of sizes and forms.
The dreaded house move!! I wish you all the best with that one Paul during these difficult times. ;) It will be interesting to see what you find behind the old pots of paint when you clean out your man cave. Great to see you are still at it with the building. Luv it to bits. Looking forward to see where you are heading with this one. Good luck my friend.
We are quite used to moving as I was in the military but it has been a while since the last time. I have already found things in the house I didn't know I had lol.
Goodluck on the house move Scottie. Foam job looks good too.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard.
Always traumatic. This was the 16th move for us since we've been married, Feb of 69. We moved from Atlanta Georgia, arrived in Dayton on the 20th Dec. 89, and were totally unboxed & decorated for Christmas by the 23rd. Practice does make perfect. Organization/documentation are the secret. PaulE
As I said to Steve it was something we were used to in the military but its been over 20 years since we moved here.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Scottie an good luck with the move from us
chris an jen