I'm a bit confused ! Can anyone clear this up for me ?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
View attachment 100697

View attachment 100698

View attachment 100699

View attachment 100700

take a look at this its academy's 1/35 panzer IV H but when I put this into Google I can't find one that looks like this , it has carrecteristics of being anything from a G to J

Reason is I want to paint it in the standard yellow sand colour so I can weather it but I don't want it in afrika Korps markings as that won't work with my figures or the base ive built for it

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dubster72

The differences between a P4 G, H & J are small Alan. However none of them were used in North Africa.

What plan do you have for it & are there any unit references?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That PIV I did in the snow is a Academy and it has various different parts to make versions. I think I made the H version, why don't you do it standard Panzer grey with a in-field sand camo, that way you can blend it.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The differences between a P4 G, H & J are small Alan. However none of them were used in North Africa.
What plan do you have for it & are there any unit references?
This is my point I don't want to do an afrika korps version , unit markings I can do any , I came across a photo of a G from Barbarossa and that was plain like this ,

What I'm really asking is what have I built I just followed the instructions which says it's a H but it's missing bits that would say its a H it's closer to a G but the arial is in the wrong place.

\ said:
That PIV I did in the snow is a Academy and it has various different parts to make versions. I think I made the H version, why don't you do it standard Panzer grey with a in-field sand camo, that way you can blend it.
I don't want to do a camo style it would muck up my weathering ive got planed

D

dubster72

The Ausf G is basically a re-designated F2 using the longer 75mm gun. It wouldn't have been used in Operation Barbarossa because production started in early 1942.

Without getting into the small differences like pistol ports, turret fixings, exhaust types, the main visual

differences are:

H carried Von Thoma turret shields & schurtzen, while the J had mesh schurtzen .

All would have a Dunkelgelb basecoat.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The Ausf G is basically a re-designated F2 using the longer 75mm gun. It wouldn't have been used in Operation Barbarossa because production started in early 1942.
Without getting into the small differences like pistol ports, turret fixings, exhaust types, the main visual

differences are:

H carried Von Thoma turret shields & schurtzen, while the J had mesh schurtzen .

All would have a Dunkelgelb basecoat.
Thanks for that patrick it's been a big help , so the main difference is added armour, that didn't come with the kit as this was only £10

That's great I can just go with what I've done and do what I wanted without it looking out of place

Cheers :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks for that patrick it's been a big help , so the main difference is added armour, that didn't come with the kit as this was only £10
That's great I can just go with what I've done and do what I wanted without it looking out of place

Cheers :smiling3:
I think I have still have the armour skirts if you want them mate?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I think I have still have the armour skirts if you want them mate?
Thanks mate I do have some on another kit I can use if I want too but thanks for the offer:smiling3: