I've finally managed to get myself sorted and I have my bench ready to go. I was going to start off with the Tamiya RC166 but. I've Shelved that and picked something to get my hand an eyesight back in focus. So, from tomorrow .......... This is going to "Be Nailed Together".
Well I've never been known to be particularly fast at this game. But, I've got a bit done.
The Piston and Con Rod are together. The two halves of the piston don't quite line up on the top so I've ha to add a sliver of fill on one side. Any way its all in one assembly. Conrod is painted and the piston is in primer.
The two haves of the crank case are assembled. Each of the counter weights are in two pieces, assembled there are some nasty gaps which I've filled all the way round. They are smoothed wown and masked up for primer.
Not sure how much of this you'll be able to see when it's together but. I like to know it's as right as I can get it along the way.
Crankshaft and piston assembly are done. Not sure how well it shows but I've managed some discolouration on the piston skirt, evevery engine I've had apart its always there. Seeing as this is probably a classroom instruction model and has sat on a self you some time, a little surface rust on the ferrous parts................Onward with Camshafts and followers.