Improvement or not ?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yep, a definite improvement Alan. I liked the canvas cover but the foliage in the netting is even better.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks for the support chaps I appreciate it :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, to my eyes both are fine. You write you weren't sure about the cover on the first. I think the problem is no tie-downs. It makes it look like the cover has somehow just floated down like a feather...

If you had added some lashings it would have looked more 'finished', if you get my drift...

Perhaps in the second, the inclusion of couple more rows of sand bags + netting to raise them, might make it look more like an M.G. nest and help protect the gunners flanks?

Comments all for the advancement of modelling science!

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I personally prefer the foliage as it looks more real. But I think Ron has nailed my subconscious concern with the tarpaulin, what is holding it in place.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan, to my eyes both are fine. You write you weren't sure about the cover on the first. I think the problem is no tie-downs. It makes it look like the cover has somehow just floated down like a feather...If you had added some lashings it would have looked more 'finished', if you get my drift...

Perhaps in the second, the inclusion of couple more rows of sand bags + netting to raise them, might make it look more like an M.G. nest and help protect the gunners flanks?

Comments all for the advancement of modelling science!
I was going to but I left off the guide ropes because I wanted to do a camo netting and see what looked best , I personaly think the net is better as it gives a little bit more detail and you can see more of the figures

Thanks for everyone's input it's appreciated:smiling3:

S

Stevekir

The cover on the table looks too stiff. Try tissue paper, airbrushed after installing.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Yep, a definite improvement Alan,second pic far far better i like that one, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you folks I do have a smaller netting that might just be more in scale :smiling3:

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Thank you folks I do have a smaller netting that might just be more in scale :smiling3:
You could make a mesh by gluing sewing thread in a cross pattern.