In case of zombie apocalypse

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I would hate to think my previous post wasn't deleted by the MODS....if so I would certainly like to know the reason.

I deleted your post because you stated that you didn't want to say anything political, then went straight onto saying something political.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is laughable Alan.....didn't realize that constitutional rights were political..........sort of like arguing what a STOP sign means.....Oh well, glad you're happy now Sir. :thumb2: ;) Rick H.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
That is laughable Alan.....didn't realize that constitutional rights were political..........sort of like arguing what a STOP sign means.....Oh well, glad you're happy now Sir. :thumb2: ;) Rick H.

If you have a problem with my moderating then please feel free to take this issue to PM with me and/or contact Ian/John to discuss.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
thing is you dont have constitutional rights......youre not in america.............you are on a international forum owned by someone who can make his own rules.........its not a democracy, its a kingdom

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Last time I checked Paul I was sitting at my computer desk and was clicking away at my keyboard.....don't remember when I got transported to the land of no rights.........I do understand that there are cultural differences between Counties and I respect that. Please don't make this a personal issue as it is not. I would ask that you afford people of different cultures a little understanding of the fact that they might live a little differently than others do on the same planet. :smiling3:
Rick H.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
.don't remember when I got transported to the land of no rights........

June 2018, we have never allowed anything political on here, you say the constitution isn’t political, I don’t know anything about American politics, nor do I want to, but according to Google, “The Constitution was the product of political compromise” so yes it is political and Alan was right to remove it.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
but thats the whole point.................any forum you go on is not a democracy ...........ultimately it is owned by someone somewhere who make their own rules and can run the place as they see fit............its perfectly natural that people will say or do things that fall foul of the rules without realising and get posts removed.................ive done it to people when ive been a mod, and had it done to me in the past...........i once got banned by a draconian american admin cos i used British English not American English and i refused to change!! ......just chalk it up to experience and move on, its no biggy

im not making it a personal issue but yet again on this forum i do feel im being attacked for no particular reason, one reason why im spending less and less time here, to the point where im not even bothering to post what i build any more

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes It was John and a fine product it is Sir. :smiling3: :smiling3:
Rick H.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Here you go Moni, a real "Zombie killer"! I call this Grizzly Bear medicine......it goes logging with me when I'm up on the mountain cutting my firewood. My furry friends and I have an "understanding".....we both leave each other alone. Happy Zombie hunting !! Rick H.View attachment 433312
oh ta for showing us Rick,that will do and even comes with a family of 6 stoppers lol,i will take one,;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh dear , what appeared to me to be a misinterpretation of the forum rules in saying something political then blows up into John becoming involved.
I hope this is the end of the matter , but before I go wouldn't it have been better if a pm to Rick had been better from Allen rather than it discussed openly ?
Some times a quiet word is better.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oh dear , what appeared to me to be a misinterpretation of the forum rules in saying something political then blows up into John becoming involved.
I hope this is the end of the matter , but before I go wouldn't it have been better if a pm to Rick had been better from Allen rather than it discussed openly ?
Yep...British etiquette seems to have been thrown out the door for this one.....hmmm. Nuff said.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yep, that would be applying the “moderate” part of “moderator” from my viewpoint. I have no issues with mods deleting a post that falls foul of the rules. However, a quietly worded private mail to the person who’s post has been deleted with an explanation pointing out which rule has been broken to make this removal necessary would seem a polite way of proceeding. In effect I’ve found that to treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself is a good rule of thumb in life.

Reactions: JR

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
In effect I’ve found that to treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself is a good rule of thumb in life.

on this forum?....good luck!....ive been here a pretty long time and have seen things change as the forum has grown

ive been a moderator on a few forums, including getting the thankless task of 'GB Moderator' somewhere and it is not an easy job

always seems to a case of 'indifferent and ineffective' or 'vindictive fascist' depending on who isnt happy at that precise moment

its a hard job that is taken for granted by the members and this is a fairly active forum (you should try it on a forum that would often have 300+ members online at any one time....now that was hard!) so they will have plenty to do.........the rank and file have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.......i can imagine how busy the Moderator Lounge is

a Mod Team is simply a forum police force, doing as they see fit to keep things running smoothly.........and they want to come here and post and have fun and build models too but sometimes being a Mod is like having a real job!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I get all that Paul, but there are regions between “do nothing” and “total hardarse“ that are worth exploring occasionally….after all, would any of us really use this full on dictatorial approach in the real world when managing staff or fielding customer expectations in a “face to face” environment?

• Love
Reactions: JR

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Whilst this thread has now gone FAR off topic. I would like to point out that it has INDEED been sorted out in PM between myself and Rick. It was also discussed in Admin section too hence why John made a comment.

Thank you all for your concern. I sometimes wonder why I bother with all this.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Moderators:smiling: Most of the time they work away behind the scenes and nobody gives them a thought - I certainly don't. The forum just "works" and we all enjoy it.
If they feel the need to 'moderate' then people either agree with what's done or they don't. Those who agree tend to think the moderators have done a fine job and those who don't agree think the moderators have over reacted.
I think this forum is a good one and I thank the members and the mods for making it so.
Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
(in an attempt to bring this back on topic, and away from a discussion on gun laws, and if the moderaters are 'jolly good chaps' or total ducks).

They are some very impressive replicas (aka models) you have built there Rick. Had me fooled to, I thought they where the real McCoy.