Incomplete group build

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew aka adt70hk

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim is in the house for this one….I have at least there candidates, all completely different!

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
The list so far is as follows
Me aka Peterairfix.
Bob the stug
Mark1
Mickc1440
adt70hk
Tim m
Langy71
Airborne01
Jim R
John Race
Minitnkr
Spanner570
Allen Dewire.
The Smythe Meister
David lovell

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
6 months starting when? I would prefer it to be over the winter months.
I'm in.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ahhh Peter,

A great idea as I have only finished one GB in my life. Count me in, Allen Dewire AKA Allen. Hope it doesn't take me 6 months to pick one out to complete though. Hopefully In the next few months I can finally retire and have more time to play at the table............

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
`min!!
Andy Smith,(or "The Smythe Meister"!)
Plenty of candidates to chose from...... how"uncompleted" do they need to be to qualify for entry?
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
They can be from just a few pieces started to almost complete as I have a revell 1/32 tornado that just needs paint work finishing and decals that I will be entering.
Thanks for that Peter :thumb2: ,
That suits me fine.... i think,for my first entry, i`ll resurrect my Tamiya Valentine,i haven`t touched it for 2 years,but it was mainly built up in sections,and base painted...... it`ll be nice to get it done!!:thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I reckon that if this GB goes ahead the first post should include just how long the chosen model has languished on the shelf. No telling porkies or saying things like "oh it's been a while". The truth will set you free ;)
Jim
Good point Jim :thumb2: ,
My Valentine was started and base painted in November 2018.... then for various reasons,it stalled,and then has been overlooked ever since!!:fearful:
I look at it often and think,"I`ll get around to that one eventually"!!:astonished:
This thread,if it takes off,will sort that one out!!
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I intend to complete one (possibly two) of my dust-covered Bergepanthers - they've been hanging around for 30 and 24 months respectively due to frustration with the overly fussy track construction. Once I get over that mental block it should, hopefully, be plain sailing!
Steve

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I'm going for a Tiger I started probably 2 and a half years ago,after getting one track done it ground to a halt! If i get it done ive got a 1.32 tornado needing paint, and then I've got a......list goes on :smiling5: :tongue-out3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's great such a brilliant response to Peter's idea. I, unfortunately, only build one at a time, so no shelf of doom candidates from me.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think I last looked at my WIP TD Co. in June of 2018 & last worked on it in 2015 so that would be my choice as I should complete the Sherman Co. before the GB begins.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The list so far is as follows
Me aka Peterairfix.
Bob the stug
Mark1
Mickc1440
adt70hk
Tim m
Langy71
Airborne01
Jim R
John Race
Minitnkr
Spanner570
Allen Dewire.
The Smythe Meister
OK I'm in this will kill two with one stone ,this GB and the second build i started for Simons MGB so yeh if OK count me in. Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
My prime candidate is an SKDFZ 263 that I started before I even joined the old milmod forum….it must be six years old at least…..I lost one of the rear hatch doors and shelved it as a fit of pique. It is partly painted so will be a relatively quick complete, but will involve some remedial repair work due to age….. I’ve just never got around to it and this will get it off the shelf.

Last edited: