Interesting hybrid and Spitfire video (X-rated)

D

duncan

Interesting hybrid on www.michaelconnally.com see the video section "Miss Fanfold". Neither fish nor fowl but I want one ! For those not of a nervous dispostion check the last video " THAT Spitfire video" (sound OFF if anybody else is in the room !) I`ll leave it to the maths experts to work out the height based on `planes shadow and 37(ish)ft wingspan. Cameraman didnt flinch, just slow I guess.

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Interesting hybrid on www.michaelconnally.com see the video section "Miss Fanfold". Neither fish nor fowl but I want one ! For those not of a nervous dispostion check the last video " THAT Spitfire video" (sound OFF if anybody else is in the room !) I`ll leave it to the maths experts to work out the height based on `planes shadow and 37(ish)ft wingspan. Cameraman didnt flinch' date=' just slow I guess.[/quote']***What a skillful bit of 'Low' flying ! dont know how the pilot managed to judge that one ? think this could have been an outcut from the TV series 'Airshow' judging by the presenter,whose name escapes me ? he owns a Yak52,Stearman & Spitfire himself.

D

duncan

Alain deCadenat(?spelling) is the presenters name. Races vintage and big hairy cars too. Anybody had a go at calculating the Spit`s height at the shadow? I should maybe have posted this in the Humour slot ? How about the "Hydro-Foam" video just added to Michael Connally`s excellent site, a better "Miss Fanfold". Wicked fun on air and water. :terrific:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Alain deCadenat(?spelling) is the presenters name. Races vintage and big hairy cars too. Anybody had a go at calculating the Spit`s height at the shadow? I should maybe have posted this in the Humour slot ? How about the "Hydro-Foam" video just added to Michael Connally`s excellent site' date=' a better "Miss Fanfold". Wicked fun on air and water. :terrific:[/quote']*** Thats the man Duncan ! also flew to France in a Piper Malibu Mirage,then picked up another Stearman and bought that back to the UK,oddly enough although he owns a Yak he is not that brilliant an aerobatic pilot,the R.A.F put him through his paces in a Slingsby T.67 at Barkston Heath,you should have seen his face when they landed ! must check those other videos out,you dont have a link by any chance to the Haute-Voltige video,they fly a Sukhoi through an hole in a mountain,there is also some footage of the team flying at a race track in Japan,they whizz low level through poles,posts and grandstands ! the scene is madness and would never ever be allowed even in the U.S.A,I tried to find it but the video was not functioning,on some model site.

D

duncan

No sorry dont have those videos. Sounds like a "...and-for-my-next-trick-I-am-going-to-set-myself-on-fire" series. I have seen a still shot of an aircraft crashing along what looks like the grandstand straight of a race track, no other details. What about the height of the Spitfire on the original clip ? :dontknow: