Interior colour of a StuG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
hi Chris

Its in user created group builds 2020

Getting there, been a rough week, no energy or interest in anything.
TRY an keep goin Bob AS WE DONT WANT TO LOSE YOU OFF HERE as its been terrible seein Pete in hospital again
all best
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
TRY an keep goin Bob AS WE DONT WANT TO LOSE YOU OFF HERE as its been terrible seein Pete in hospital again
all best
chris
Very kind of you, will keep at it, might have to get me a mini StuG to use lol

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Interesting Pics. Bob, Based on what you have described of pics. you have seen and the ones posted one could draw a conclusion that any combination of oxide red and or ivory could be feasible. If I remember my Stug. history, there were several manufacturers that produced sub assemblies and other components to the main contractor. Typically these would have been painted and inspected and approved by that plants WAa proof inspectors prior to shipment, lots of room for latitude given wartime shortages or sporadic supply of paint products from those vendors supplying the manufacturing facilities.:thinking:
Rick H.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Interesting Pics. Bob, Based on what you have described of pics. you have seen and the ones posted one could draw a conclusion that any combination of oxide red and or ivory could be feasible. If I remember my Stug. history, there were several manufacturers that produced sub assemblies and other components to the main contractor. Typically these would have been painted and inspected and approved by that plants WAa proof inspectors prior to shipment, lots of room for latitude given wartime shortages or sporadic supply of paint products from those vendors supplying the manufacturing facilities.:thinking:
Rick H.
Very true Rick

I am trying to find out if makers of the transmissions and steering sets stopped painting them in the grey/green colour and left it to Miag and Alkett to paint almost the lot in red oxide, the Fort Benning StuG transmision is in red oxide but yes a very open to debate area.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Actually Bob, because it I so subjective you could end up doing a lot of hair pulling trying to figure this stuff out. :cold-sweat:. Unless you are building a vehicle with a particular Fahrgestal number with lots of documentary photos inside and out, it will be a tough call....enter Artistic License!:rolling:
Cheers, and happy hunting, Rick H.