International Models Asia?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Does anyone here have experience with International Models Asia? They’ve got one or two things I’m interested in, but as I’ve never heard of them before, I thought it’d be prudent to check other people’s opinions first :smiling3:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Im taking it you like some of the Churchill stuff maybe?,They are great to deal with and Russells a nice guy to deal with.
Richard

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Actually the Humber LRC is what I’m interested in, due to my general and somewhat loose long-term project of building things from the Second World War in my part of the world. That is to say:—

large_000000.jpg

royal_air_force-_2nd_tactical_air_force__1943-1945-_cl1514-3de7b1efe8a0864d8280792ced32b84c.jpg

… I know exactly where these photos were taken, which makes building model of one of these vehicles much more interesting than as some generic armoured car.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
if you have any more info about those pics id be interested in hearing

from the same Regiment that i was in

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Other than where and approximately when they were taken? Not really, sorry. I’ve never actually looked into the details of them, which I’ll probably do if/when I actually get round to building a model :smiling3:

As for time and place: this can’t be earlier than 8 November 1944, and probably not very long after that either (the IWM dates the first photo to “November 1944”). They were taken in Middelburg, on Walcheren in the Netherlands, just outside the railway station on the east bank of the Walcheren Canal. The signpost is at the corner of the (collapsed) bridge over the canal directly in front of the station, which is to the right of the photos, outside the pictures. Here’s a Google Maps view of the location; the destroyed bridge is the narrow one on the map/satellite photos.

Reactions: JR