Intro

Si.

First Name
Simon
Hi Everyone

Im new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself, (I thought I had a few days ago but not being particularly tech savvy anymore, or familiar with the site, must have been in totally the wrong place, and done something horribly wrong). However, a very lightning reply from John and I think Im up and running on gas.

Hope this is not a repeat

I prefer to be called Si, always have been unless when younger it was Simon in a loud voice and I knew then I was in trouble of some sort.

Im 57yo and been back into the hobby for coming on the last 18 months. Like a lot of you folks a breaks in-between from a kid due to life getting in the way etc. etc.

I have a real passion for aircraft. Joining the ATC, then the RAF at 16yo (youngest in the squadron). Working on Hunter F6, FGA9, T7 and Hawks (1980’s), however as much as I like the winged things I think when it comes to models that vehicles are my thing.

Current build on the bench, 99% complete is of an SAS Jeep to go with an LRDG Chevi (complete) planned for a diorama. I would just like to say at this point that this would not have been possible, if it were not for the generosity of Laurie Stewart (who highly recommended this site to me, and another); and it was also his idea for the diorama. Having found myself in a very difficult and uncomfortable health place (since Oct 19) and being out of work, have found it very difficult, so his thoughtfulness and friendship has been a huge huge boost to me for which I will be ever grateful, thank you again Laurie much appreciated my friend.

So jeep nearly complete and then the diorama which I will post as a build in progress when I get to know the site a bit more and going.

Attached some photos of some of my builds.

Airfix 1/24 Hurricane (my ultimate favourite aircraft of all time). Now an airworthy 2 seat version airworthy but huge huge money to go up in one
20200511_162300a.jpg20200511_162800a.jpg

This is my first ever diorama. There is a story to this one if interested
Steyr1.jpg
Steyr8.jpg

Quad (8).jpgQuad (13).jpgQuad (16).jpg

Hope you like? If you would like to see more pics of these/my builds please let me know

Im really looking forward to getting to know you folks and the site more and getting more involved in all aspects (though Im a little bit slow).

Take care & safe all

Si

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Welcome Si!

Love the hurricane. More of those types of things please!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum Si. The Hurricane is one of my fave aircraft too.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi si welcome to the forum , the hurricane looks great and the vehicles too , cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Some very nice builds there Si. Look forward to seeing more.

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Welcome to the site, another shout out for the Hurricane, love the cockpit.

Del

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Funny enough, the only wingy thingy I've done is a 1/24 Airfix hurricane, and I've a 1/72 Airfix hurricane in the stash for next build

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Welcome Si.
Very nice models and an hurrah for the hurry :flushed: (flushed for my low quality humor... it's the limit of a non native speaker :rolling:).

Andrea

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Si
Welcome to the forum. You have some great models there.
Jim

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome Si! I'm sure the craic in this forum will be of the utmost fun and interest for you! (Good modelling by the way!)

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening Si

Welcome on board, great place to be
Even the insults are polite lol;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome Si. Your builds look splendid so I hope to see more soon.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Welcome Si,
loads of like-minded people here, new techniques, pitfalls and a shedload of inspirational models!
Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I prefer to be called Si
Welcome. But you may want to change the value in the first name field on your account details page in that case, else people will call you Simon because that’s what it says under your avatar :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 5496

Well Si that is a great welcome & much deserved with the stuff you have shown. :smiling5:

Laurie

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.......... and it`s a warm welcome from me too Si :thumb2:.
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Step right up Si and Welcome to the Asylum!! Some high quality modeling going on there and Yes.......I would be interested in the "story" behind your first Diorama. :thumb2: Rick H.