Intro

S

Siara

While waiting for the insulators i made the hand drawing of the rigging with all the components that will be needed:

TBC...

S

sos8

\ said:
Hi:Would you mind me asking how the best way would be to turn soft metal or if there is a way to do without a small mill? Maybe using a dremel chuck to hold the piece but not sure what would tool would shape it while spinning. I have the little workstation that acts like a small drill press. Thanks again, Siara!
I have a cheap and nasty drill press, I put the stock which requires turning in the chuck and use a machine vise which can be locked down to the table and has a cross slide adjustment, I lock a file in he jaws and use the cross slide action for adjustment as the metal is removed, or wind the drill head up and down to remove the metal, taken slowly so you don't get the work shattering the finish can be quit good but accuracy can be a problem.

S

Sir sinkalot

Absolutely stunning work here....just wondering.....How did you aquire these skills to be able to reproduce such detail? You are very gifted...few can do such detailed work....., amazing really....thanx for sharing it.....Rick