Iraqi dio - we need back up now

R

Richy C

Hi guys , Heres the story - a US M113A2 on a routine patrol in some back street Bagdad suburb and have a contact with a couple off Iraqi insurgents who are dealt with , upon moving up to the dead insurgents position realise they are going to be ambushed , further up the road theres massive enemy activity , with all cards played they have no choice but call in back up NOW .

Its a bit graphic but hope you approve gents , still room for improvements but I can live with this one , tried a few new things - some worked some did not , another great learning curve .

Cheers

Richy

View attachment 33427View attachment 33428View attachment 33429View attachment 33430View attachment 33431View attachment 33432View attachment 33433

View attachment 38107

View attachment 38108

View attachment 38109

View attachment 38110

View attachment 38111

View attachment 38112

View attachment 38113

iraq dio 008.jpg

iraq dio 010.jpg

iraq dio 017.jpg

iraq dio 019.jpg

iraq dio 021.jpg

iraq dio 029.jpg

iraq dio 032.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
First off Richy, what great use of the lighting.

Graphic it might be, but that's how it is.

I like the concept behind the diorama and you have presented it very well.

Very well done on an excellent build.

Cheers,

Ron

A

andygh

Fantastic detail and the figures are perfect, excellent dio

P

Polux

Hi Richy!

I like so much the prudence of the diorama (5 soldiers 3 shots) was easy to create a very "violent" scene and it's not like that. The modification of the figures also is very nice.

Brilliant.

Regards

Polux

R

Richy C

Thankyou gents , hard one to call with the graphic details , we all like to make models as life as we can , I done my best on this one and hope it does not offend anyone , if you think this is a step to far John please remove it .

Richy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
What an excellent diorama- Graphic? I have seen much worse and yes on this forum!

I can see no reason what so ever to remove it!

Great figure work. I would also like to say that the blood and gore is also very well done. Believable and not OTT.

Five stars from me!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Now that's a diorama, i wouldn't call it graphic Andy. Look at it this way, a good few of us have built models of knocked out armour. You've gone one better and for that i take my hat off to ya mate. Five stars for sure.

Have fun, John

First Name
Charles
Hats off to a DARN fine piece of work.

N

noble

Nice work Richy graphic is life in acombat zone well done mate.

scott

R

Richy C

Thankyou for the positive comments gents , very much appriciated , its nice to get something finnished for a change it given me the mojo to get some other models done and dusted that I`ve got half done .

Cheers

Richy

First Name
Chris
Superb Richy, nice to see a modern dio, very relevant.

5 * from me

Chris