IRON COFFIN - U 213..Final attempt..Honest (page 4))

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the excellent posts boys. I appreciate your positive comments...

Polux, I took the pictures with a basic, pocket sized, Sony cyber-shot camera. I've had it for years now. The same model is going on ebay for around £20 / £30....Great little camera.

I bought a 'better one' earlier this year, but I still prefer the Sony...just point and click!

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very nice work Ron, great build. Si has competition I feel ;)

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
wonderful job! I'd replace the railing though - have one I'll start soon as well

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Si has competition I feel ;)
I have a feeling that Ron's could just knock barnacles off mine Joe.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Nice work Ron and a suitable title being that the death rate for sailors on uboats were in the 90 percentile i believe.

Z

Ziper_it

Very nice build, excellent photography and awesome representation.

Francesco

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the input boys. I appreciate all your comments on this model and the souls who sailed and died in U boats......Let's not forget other submariners who perished not only in wartime, but in peacetime accidents too.

Cheers,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
wonderful job! I'd replace the railing though - have one I'll start soon as well
Seb, thanks for the suggestion.

The trouble is I haven't the skill, patience nor good enough eyesight to tackle such a tiny job that replacing these would require. It took me all my time to see the hull!

I've had another look at the railings and to be honest, I'm happy with them as they are - complete with a bit of marine growth, which makes them look chunky and mis-shapen.

The hull safety rails were really neat and to scale, so why Revell couldn't make a better job of the A.A. gun railing is a mystery...Perhaps 'cos it's bent!

But thanks for your input and I will keep a lookout for when you start your 1/350 sub and I can pick up some tips on railing making when you change yours...

Cheers friend,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kressy_13

This is really well done mate. Wouldn't want to be in it. Good shots with your "filter", lol. Top stuff mate.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A great little setup Ron, simple and effective, and your photography does it real justice. Top work mate.

Tony.

First Name
Andy
Hi Mr Ron Sir,

Yet again I find myself in awe from seeing your work, this is stunning, I first thought you had popped it into a fish tank and was half expecting to see a gold fish or some other type of fish swim by...

Andy...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the posts boys, I'm well pleased you like the end result....

Fish tank...I like that Andy.

Cheers,

Ron

T

treyzx10r

I ca'nt really top whats already been said Ron,this is truly amazing in every aspect. I had to go back and look through all the pics several times and I keep picking up new before unseen details everytime I do. Truly inspiring and very nicely done Sir! 5stars just aint enough! cheers Trey

T

treyzx10r

Ok and now I'm in the dog house with the Missus. I'm looking at the pics yet again from the top and she walks in and says 'WOW were did they locate that wreck?' so being my typical smart alec self I string her along as I scroll down. She keeps getting closer to the screen studying each frame and asking questions about the fate of the crew ect. until we get to the last pic......and she sees Rons hand in the frame. My shoulder will hurt for some time to come. Going to go drown the pain with a few pints. When will I learn.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job matey, a great idea with the blue filter and loving the wrecked look . I got one of these from home bargains too -£1.99 bargain!! great build , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great posts boys....Thanks.

Trey, your last post really made me chuckle. Looks like we both conned your good lady for a minute or two. Good job I'm across the pond and away from the assault!

Please pass on my apologies for the unintended deception.....Mind you, it's great when one of our models gets mistaken for the real thing isn't it?.......If only for a fleeting moment.

I trust a few beers has eased the pain in your shoulder by now....Great thing alcohol!

Ron