IS-2m T model44/45 Soviet WW2 recovery vehicle 1/72 PST

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Looking smooth under primer Dave.
Thanks Tim, strange stuff but got the hang with it dont know if I'd rush to use it on the next build it'll be interesting to paint over , have found the black primer seems to make colours pop nice and strong in my eyes anyway. Thanks for continued encouragement. Dave

Reactions: JR

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Friday ,day off work so got the last of the chores out of the way ,came back in after midday sat and watched the snooker ,well it was on but only listened due to the fact my eyelids kept closing , rudely awoken about a quarter to four by returning other half and daughter ,in they came and sat down now ive learnt under no circumstances to make eye contact the minuet this happens you'll be asked if your putting the kettle on ,background tuts and whispers about the snooker led to the surrender the channel popper thing , tipping point after the break I don't like tipping point so decided to throw some green at it ,20210430_173157.jpg
20210430_173346.jpg
20210430_173437.jpg
And bonus got back in time for the chase ,looking like a typical Bank holiday coming up ,not that were care down here it'll keep all the idiots away hopefully, so all being well should get some done over the next couple of days , off for second jab at eleven forty no repercussions first time so fingers crossed. Dave.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Gave it a single tight filter coat(tri tonal ) and picked out a few highlights early this morning then left it under the lamp to let the thinners in the filter to gas off (totallyevaporate?), second jab ok so on return threw some varnish at it ,usually give two or three coats of filter but went with just the one didn't want to calm it down to much will let the rest of the work do that. Dave.
20210501_125238.jpg

Stay safe all enjoy the weekend.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Dave , glad to see more 4 BO about other than mine. Gives me hope that others may follow .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Very nice Dave , glad to see more 4 BO about other than mine. Gives me hope that others may follow .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
No probs John ,I seem to build mostly Russian stuff past and occasionally present so a bit like the man said you can have any colour you like as long as its 4BO? There's a few germans in the stash nearly all early stuff so panzer gray is the order of the day. I love working in mono tone and in tru scale(1/72)I find its becoming the challenge of the paint job as much as the build ,to actually make it look like what it is rather than a little green blob ,as you know I do very rarely dip into leggo scale and at this scale also the challenge is for it not to be a monotone blob this is where all of the modern products and techniques make it such fun. Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi David
Well this has come on leaps and bounds. Thanks to your skill and patience it's looking far better than it ought to :thumb2: This scale does have its painting challenges but so far it's definitely not "a green blob".
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I think the smaller scale means you have to push the contrast a bit to get the textures to “pop”....just like David has here!

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Have started to muck about with it today ,not to sure about this varnish malarkey makes it hard to see what your doing, I've never bothered to seal up before weathering etc before ,some of the products shove about easier other than that the only bonus is ive learnt to spray varnish.
20210502_150449.jpg
20210502_150210.jpg
Dave.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I like the colour Dave and picking out highlights really help bring the detail to life :thumb2:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I like the colour Dave and picking out highlights really help bring the detail to life :thumb2:
Thanks Si glad your tagging along its always good to see (hear)through someone else's eyes. For those who are wondering the plate in the top pic is my pallet, I run two once one is dirty and no space left i put it to soak and use the clean one and so on.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks ok to me , some nice details showing .