IS ANYONE GONNA BUILD THAT BISMARK SHOWN ON THE TELLY ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cracker of a model shown on the tv where you buy a mag an get a bit of the ship each month I think an its got working features as well any one gonna do it ?
chris

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Would have to re mortgage the house :smiling: these things are normally very expensive to complete the set.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Cracker of a model shown on the tv where you buy a mag an get a bit of the ship each month I think an its got working features as well any one gonna do it ?
chris
Would I be right in thinking that it is a reboot of hachettes build the Bismarck that came out in 2008/9.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Would I be right in thinking that it is a reboot of hachettes build the Bismarck that came out in 2008/9.
Don't know Peter I think this one is bigger an has got working features eg. turning gun turrets an props turn my wife gave me a nudge when it was on so I only saw a bit of the advert
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
OK, hold on to your hats!!!!!
Issue 1 is £1.99, Issue 2 is £5.99 There are 140 total issues, 138 @ £8.99 each
That brings a total of........................ £1248.60
Seems a little pricey to me! ( don't know if that includes paint, glue etc) Dave

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Don't know Peter I think this one is bigger an has got working features eg. turning gun turrets an props turn my wife gave me a nudge when it was on so I only saw a bit of the advert
chris
I have just found it is from the same people that did the original build the Bismarck partwork and the same of 1\200 but this one is much more detailed version and has the same amount of issues at 140 but double the original price.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
And that's if they actually print all the issues. Most of them stop because of lack of interest. Therefore you cannot finish the build

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
And if you're lucky you can still pick up original one for miniscule price.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
And that's if they actually print all the issues. Most of them stop because of lack of interest. Therefore you cannot finish the build
HI Al yea I think you are right after what dave said about the price but think how much it cost to advertice on the telly I don't think they will get their money back
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This is an updated model,from the original. It has powered turrets, and working lights, that can be operated by remote control..........................
Bet it looks superb! However If I work on an average of £40 for my models, (an overestimate! ) that runs to a minimum of 30 models, for the same cost. Obviously it depends on your personal choice, but I know which I would prefer..................
Dave

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave

I've heard that too. It might be worth checking if you can buy all the issues straight away without waiting the nearly 3 years for them to be published (assuming weekly publication).

Having said that, I'll bet there are much cheaper versions available.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It might be just me but I think it looks toy-like. The electronics are just too gimmicky and everything looks a bit too thick.
I have the Trumpeter effort with the Mk1 PE and wood deck - I think that will be far more convincing.
Only my opinion though

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
For that price and if it is only 1/200 scale but the Trumpeter kit and all the extras you want to put on and in it. Say £300 a pop all in.
I know which way I would go...

First Name
Michael
As someone with a passing interest in Aero-modelling, this reminds me of the DeAgostini flying model Spitfire. It was based on an older kit and had, from those who actually managed to build one, the flying characteristics of a house brick. Worse still, I believe it cost about 3 times the price of the kit on which it was based.

M

Mossielover

I think so. there was a completed one on display at the Cardiff Model Rail show a year last October. Fabulous but at a price over £1k. the girl who collected and build it was - quite rightly - very proud of it.

First Name
Noel
One of the big plastic kits with all the after market stuff would probably be a lot, lot less expensive! These piece part series are OK I suppose, but I feel that they are a bit of a rip off. I mean, it is not as though the Bismark has not been done to death already in kit form. I recently saw an advert on the telly for a piece part Terminator Figure, and not so long back an E type Jaguar. Pricey when you do the maths after the issue one loss leaders go out. One of my favourite ships the Vasa is being done as a piece part kit. Artesana Latina are doing all the bits for it. Not advertised in the UK yet but being issued abroad at present somewhere. I think I will wait until Artesana themselves market complete kits of the Vasa.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I did Revells 1\350 Bismarck and all the trimmings for £80 but this one is no challenge as it's all screw or click together I prefer the original kit as it a proper kit with more skill needed and more satisfacton in watching bits of wood grow into a proper model.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I did Revells 1\350 Bismarck and all the trimmings for £80 but this one is no challenge as it's all screw or click together I prefer the original kit as it a proper kit with more skill needed and more satisfacton in watching bits of wood grow into a proper model.
Yes I aggree with you on that Peter
chris

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
I do wonder who these weekly modlesare aimed at. clearly not the hardened modeller who knows that here are much cheaper, and better versions. But wince we see these type of publications every year there must be some money in publishing them.

M

Morlock

Looks good if this is the one being spoken about http://www.battleshipbismarck.co.uk/

Looks like it is intended for people who don't model as I am assuming it is already painted and you just assemble it. It is also made from diecast metal in some areas eg the hull. Good for people who want a very large model 125 cm long who don't want to go to much trouble and getting the pieces each week prevents that feeling of being overwhelmed by looking at the kit in one go!