IS ANYONE GONNA BUILD THAT BISMARK SHOWN ON THE TELLY ?

D

Deleted member 6559

These things are a rip-off. As already mentioned, it is very rare for all of the issues to be released, as people either gradually lose interest or realise that they are going to be bankrupted in the long run. I started a couple of these things with my kids in the past - I believe one was a mineral collection - You can by it in-store for three weeks or so, then you are forced to take out a subscription as the newsagents discontinue it.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
You can still pick up the original kit for a fraction of the price and it's a real kit not a screw in sight as I sold mine a few years back a I have regretted ever since.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I’ve started on it and so far it’s got me a bit interested in the BIG GERMAN BRUTE, it will be a fair size when it is built but inm still waiting on postie with the next issues from hachette.
So while I’m waiting I’ve convinced the wife to buy me the TAmiya 1,350 version but I’m gonna need some help with the aftermarket stuff so whoever has built this monster can you advise me on where I can get the extras (PE mainly

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI yes I think Al is right on that an will you be postin the build on this forum as I would like to follow your build of this bismark as ships an plane are my main hobby an so far you are the only one I know who's building her so put some pictures on please if possible ?
chris

Last edited:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
HI yes I think Al is right on that an I will be following your build of this bismark as ships an plane are my main hobby an so far you are the only one I know who's building her so put some pictures on please
chris
I have built the Revell 1\350 Bismarck with all pe and you are welcome to the take a look it's on page two of ship's under construction.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Thanks guys I'll defo be taking a look at builds for advice and I'll put up some pics of the hachette version I'm doing aswell

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi guys I got the pics put up of the new Hachette ( or older ) Bismarck. I have subscribed so will cost me over a thousand when complete
Issue 1 you get the front decking with few little bits to put on plus a bow piece hull ( metal ) and the next issue you get "Anton " the first of the 4 turrets with 38cm cannon
This turret is all motorised but you get the motors and wiring. I am a bit dubious of them asking to use superglue for some parts but I can see the fixing of such pieces are permanent ( no differant to modelling with PE )
It seems a slow way to build the model but I'm surprised that in 145 issues they can cover Bismarcks short life span
Enjoy pics
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
My concerns with this weekly edition is that I have seen you tube Wayne’s models building this kit and yet I have only received the first two copies ( monthly subscription) they have taken the payments but I’m still waiting for the next monthly edition
Hachette have no mention of when their next monthly subscription is out.
Now although this is in 1/200 scale I’m now thinking should I cancel as I’ve now got the 1/350 Tamiya version and I’ve spent extra on the PE and extras as well.
I do like the dea of the mechanical parts of the idea behind this subscription but I suppose I’ll just have to wait a bit longer

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Me and my big mouth postie brought me next 4 issues this morning pics later

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Oh dear Rob you must be patience in this modelling lark but most of all enjoy what you are creating :thumb2: an yes pics please lots an lots an be :cool:
chris

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Yes I will do just that
I’ll have to skip the first two mags as I built them already but ill start with part 3

Thanks for the support

First Name
Noel
Update on the Vasa wooden kit by Artesania Latina and it has been developed with the full cooperation of the Vasa museum. So possibly the most accurate of the wood kits to date?
It is 1/65th scale so quite big! It is now available as a full kit but is around a whopping £650.00 mark.