Islander : 1/72 : Aurigny : Jersey Airport Diorama

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

Just pushin' yer buttons Laurie........I've been spoiled by large commercial airliners. I've flown on everything from 340 Convairs all the way up to and including the Boeing 777. The small regional carriers, with their little twin engined crop dusters just didn't have the same appeal.....used them when I had to and yes they are definitely cosy (Cramped) inside. I only had to play musical seats once that I recall. Cheers, Rick H.

Not a wide traveller Rick. Absolute hate of hotels.

Had 6 motor boats. Plied all around the Channel Isles, France & England.

Just take your home (& kids not to forget wife with you). France. Jersey nestles in the Manche around Normandy & Brittany. River Rance, canals, Seine. Isle of Wight & southcoast. Plus 5 main Channel Isles. Villages you moored up against superb. Les Minquiers & Echreous little rock outcrops with small holiday homes.

Now that was absolute heaven. To old now darn it.

Laurie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I too have pretty much given up travel.......used to go at least twice a year along with wife and kids, of course. Now boating is something I would love to do but the missus says we're past it now so let the next guy worry about it. ;) Rick H.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Its an oldie but goodie laurie , from the golden age of Airfix , the 70s . The things under the wings look like they are for the Defender military version , Airfix reboxed the kit in the late 70s with a few new parts and decal options for the philippines air force or a civil version , so in this case theyre not needed .

D

Deleted member 5496

Its an oldie but goodie laurie , from the golden age of Airfix , the 70s . The things under the wings look like they are for the Defender military version , Airfix reboxed the kit in the late 70s with a few new parts and decal options for the philippines air force or a civil version , so in this case theyre not needed .

Yes found out the bits under were not the civilian one. Darn it after drilling the holes for the pods.

Nice thing is that they have included the Aurigny Decals. Aurigny being the old name for Alderney.

Thanks for your interest much appreciated.

Laurie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Excellent Laurie. That is really looking good so far. :thumb2: Rick H.

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
Looking good Laurie (the airplane as well as Pauline!). Looking forward to the completed diorama. I just finished a WW1 battlefield diorama and trying to figure out how to post it (new to using the forum so having fun learning the system!)

Cheers,

Tom

D

Deleted member 5496

Looking good Laurie (the airplane as well as Pauline!). Looking forward to the completed diorama. I just finished a WW1 battlefield diorama and trying to figure out how to post it (new to using the forum so having fun learning the system!)

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks Tom pass the message to my very dearest.

I use an imaging host for my pictures. But I think if you look along the top on here there is a chain link (that is for hosting inseerts) to the left is another icon which if you place your mouse over it comes up with "insert image". Otheres may be of more hle not surprisingly. :tongue-out3:

Nice to see dioramas. In the last few years I have produced 3 large ones. Afghanistan, Falklands Conflict & now Jersey Airport. All 8ft or 2.4m long. So much, I find, pleasure in building them. To me adds an extra interest to just building models.

Laurie

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
Thanks very much Laurie! I'm going to try and post some pics over the coming days. At some point I would like to post a short video also, but one step at a time. I couldn't imagine doing an 8ft diorama, although I would love the challenge. (starting with my 10" x 11"and will work up to 8 feet "someday" ;^)

D

Deleted member 5496

Looking good Laurie. Soon have the decals on.....

Yes your are right Tim. Plus some of the little devils on the nose have jumped off. Had to scrounge in decal "spares" & remake.

Then it jumped off again or at lease drag it self away from its alloted place.

But perserverance & good humour :cold-sweat: paved the way to sucess-- so far.

;)

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Thanks Andrew much appreciated.

Been a day. Just had my last car journey as the driver. Decided my eyes, with a wretched cataract in the right,
were not conducive to sound driving. 66 years with a licence. Tut time has flown & as Conrad's Albatross my
luck has run out.

Buses. :rolling:

Laurie

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks Andrew much appreciated.

Been a day. Just had my last car journey as the driver. Decided my eyes, with a wretched cataract in the right,
were not conducive to sound driving. 66 years with a licence. Tut time has flown & as Conrad's Albatross my
luck has run out.

Buses. :rolling:

Laurie
Look on the bright side, no more insurance, mot test or garage bills (of course, the downside is public transport)

D

Deleted member 5496

At least you live on a relatively small island Laurie, but it must be a blow anyway.
Pete
Yes convenience is all. But the central bus sttion is only 300 yds from us. So all routes of which there are a lot & very frequent as we are a holiday island---at times.

Laurie