Isopropyl Alchohol

First Name
Gary
Oddly it looks the same ad as the other one but a different seller. But then again who cares as long as it arrives at that price

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy,
I've paid through PAYPAL on a visa card so I'm insured, also ebay feedback is useless I've bought alot of stuff through FOG models and there have been numerous negative feedback comments yet I have never had an issue along with numerous other sellers.
regards Jim

Reactions: JR
First Name
Gary
The guy I bought from, chinese based seller, was way worse as well. But paid via PayPal so like Jim I am pretected. Curiously he has put the comments themselves into private mode so all you can see is the actual numbers. But we'll see.
I wonder if they are in effect the same seller. But as long as it arrives I'm fine or a refund. But I note all Jim's sellers IPA sales were negative feedback with "scam" being mentioned. If they don't send the goods the PayPal refund if the seller doesn't so not sure what the issue would be apart from buyer being cheesed off

First Name
Gary
Just contacted ebay and told them my seller had made his feedback private which according to their rules means he can't sell anything. They said this was a concern but from their end the deal has gone through OK and he has sold OK recently. But they would look into his status and they agreed with my interpretation of the rules. They restated that any isses and I would get an ebay refund as per the guarantee.
All thats great but it's only £11 and I'd rather have the IPA. But lets see what happens on the 20th when I'm supposed to get it. Remember when ebay was a person to person selling a buying place and was fun ? It's mostly traders now which is a shame from that perspective. But at least ebay have upped their game reference customer service

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
He's never sold anything like this before, and all feedback relating to IPA is marked scam. Useless? Yeah, right.
Firstly it's my money my risk, balanced against 3 of the 4 negatives are from the same buyer and the 4th is very similar
Jim

First Name
Gary
I take most feedback, anywahere with a pinch of salt especially the negative product ones. Often they are because the product has been used incorrectly. But it's a judgment call. As Jim says it's often a balance. Some people have a grudge and make life painful for sellers....and buyers sometimes. Thing is PayPal and ebay have decent refund processes now. So in a way nothing ventured.......

D

Deleted member 5496

Pro-Color Airbrush Cleaner by Harder & Steenbeck

I have been using this for about 2 years. Best yet & not expensive.
Used to use Vallejo but this stuff beats it hands down.

Even beats up varnish.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

I was just looking at that as my fall back option Laurie
You will not go wrong Garry.

For a deep clean I have little plastic shot glasses, pound world.
Put the nozzle & the bit shielding the nozzle needle (probably got a name)
in the shot glass & cover with Pro-Color leave a couple of hours.

After a session I just fill the cup with ProColor & the paint immediately starts
to run off the cup. Even Stynelerez, the very devil, sucombs.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

I do it slightly differently as I use cleaning brushes and cotton buds to clean ot all the nooks and crannies straight away. Either is good

Yes we all have our different ways Gary.
Also I have different ways for varnish & Tamiya FX.

Also I have H & S & Iwata brushes. H & S I use for varnish & primer as they are easily
to dismantle. 4 mins my record dismantle & spring clean.

Iwata great brush but what a pain to dismantle. So just give loads of ProColour. Sometimes
I just leave the cup full to soak a bit. Always take out the needle & flush through.

But Iwata to take apart & those minute nozzles with my ancient fingers. Always wear a
butchers apron to catch the thing.

Laurie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
See if you can get some lacquer thinner from a hardware shop. That is strong stuff that will clean the airbrush even better than ipa. Make sure that you have solvent resistant seals on the airbrush though, but you should have done that for ipa use anyway. Alternatively try Mr Tool Cleaner....
I don't know about you guys but I'm with Barry and have used commercial thinner(lacquer thinner) bought at a local hardware shop just down the road all these years and it dissolves most paint that has collected in the airbrush. A dash of it on a piece of cloth and rubbed to clean the exterior even. My seals are teflon so it's ok. RM2.50 for 400ml.
I don't use any fancy named cleaner as they will ultimately cost more attached to a brand.

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Gary
I worked in KL for nearly 3 years on and off in the mid 90's Richard. I must be due a trip just to pick up some thinners for 2.50 ringgit

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Gary, even cheaper at Mr DIY a chain of stores thats giving the local DIY shops a run for their money. Make the trip when Corona has died down. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Gary
I usually stayed in PJ as I had a factory there as well as a few suppliers. I do remember finding several, what we would call DIY stores, independantly run. They could get absolutely anything you wanted often within a couple of hours. Good times, great people

Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I usually stayed in PJ as I had a factory there as well as a few suppliers. I do remember finding several, what we would call DIY stores, independantly run. They could get absolutely anything you wanted often within a couple of hours. Good times, great people
Cool, which part of PJ? (you're nearly local for not calling it Petaling Jaya:smiling2:) ...Old Town, New Town, SS2, Sunway, Sungai Way, Subang, Section 14...these were the suburbs nearer factories in PJ that I can recall. Yup, the independant DIY's are stocked with nearly everything but you first have to describe sometimes animated to get past the language barrier for what you need then presto they'll lead you to it. Can't compare with lets say Bunnings in Australia but they can surprise you.
Glad that you enjoyed your 3 year stint here.

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Gary
It’s a long time ago Richard but it was New Town I think but Sea Park rings a bell as well. I rented a new apartment from a friend who was pretty flexible with lets as he had about 20 apartments on his books

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I mentioned this the other day, from £ 18 odd in 2018/9 to £125 for 5 ltrs. !
I use mine for surface tension release on dios, occasionally for the AB if no proper cleaner when I do a deep clean /. Also for general cleaning mixed at 30%.

These days like Dave I used water and some washing up liquid in the ultra sonic bath. I used to use screen wash but the fumes became a no no , unless you wanted a head ache.