Isopropyl & MRP paint

First Name
Euan
Hi Folks,
Hoping I can probe your collective brains here, just got a few of the MRP paints to try & was told that 99% isopropyl alcohol was the best thing to clean out the airbrush with after spraying it.

Now I’m a bit confused as to if you spray this at fully strength or mixing it down 50/50 with water & then use a cleaner?

I do have a benchvent extractor & wear a face respirator, but atomising the full strength iso still worries me a little.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated .

Cheers

E

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I use neat IPA to clean the airbrush with MRP paints. Works well for me, of all the paints I have used these seem the easiest to clean out of the airbrush

First Name
Euan
Thanks for the replies, so do you folks not dilute it down at all?

Regarding Vallejo, pretty sure that isopropyl turns it into a nice jelly type material that’s a nightmare to deal with in the nooks & crannies ofthe brush.

First Name
Euan
Sorry my bad trying to do too many things at once & didn’t read your replies fully, I see you all use it neat.

Will gave it a go & report back.

Thanks again & apologies for not reading more carefully.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
IPA? and does it work with Vallejo ?
Hey Paul
IPA is for cleaning and YES it works, i use it all the time... :smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:
1. i paint vallejo 60/40-70/30 paint/water
2. i clean 100% IPA
3. i just put 4 drops of airbrush cleaner of Vallejo (a very little quantity will remain in the brush the vallejo cleaner is a tiny bit greaser) then i empty it

hope it helps...

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Paul
IPA is for cleaning and YES it works, i use it all the time... :smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:
1. i paint vallejo 60/40-70/30 paint/water
2. i clean 100% IPA
3. i just put 4 drops of airbrush cleaner of Vallejo (a very little quantity will remain in the brush the vallejo cleaner is a tiny bit greaser) then i empty it

hope it helps...
Greg cheers for that.

T

Topcat

I have just bought ipa from Darrant chemicals mention on this forum in another post. Also got some vms thinners for TMS.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
There was a great article on hyperscale a while back which tested a grid of paints and thinners/cleaners for compatibility.

The one I remember as it happened to me was Vallejo airbrush cleaner turns gunze-sangyo mr paint (the aqueous series) to a jelly.