It`s a Stag Do.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Good to see you back. Hope all is well!!

Interesting choice. Don't think I've seen this done before!!

Good luck with it.

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A bit of an update to follow.......
....... Andrew,good to see you too moo mate!We`re all good thanks,This is a new ball game to me as well,it does seem pretty big to be an "armoured Car":dizzy:,still,it`s a cracking kit mind!!Steve,Thanks Buddy,great to see you`re still around and about:thumb2:.
...... and now to bring things up to date,ALL Plastic parts are more or less where they should be!! And them there pesky etch parts have been right royally mangled into various shapes........ thus.........
IMG20200830180915.jpg
IMG20200830180819.jpg
Then i got a bit excited an put the Turret on......and proceeded to splurge primer all over the joint.........
IMG20200830192709.jpg
IMG20200830192751.jpg
and this one was just for Karl,(See the Stowage bin,just balanced in place for now),the rather ugly bins for this Mk,one to each side..........
IMG20200830182315.jpg,
So,we should be moving apace now,primer time done,so its on with base Greens,Stowage,effects,weathering....... WAHEYYYYY..........The whole piggin lot!!
Thanks for looking in!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A`noon Guys,
Some progress has been achieved,as usual it ain`t an awful lot........ but,well........ i am from Devon!! :thumb2:
This now is GREEN!! Some who know me won`t be overly surprised by that...... in this case tho`,it looks a little "Shiny",(There is a reason for that mind!!) A bit picture heavy,but that`s mainly for the details to be seen.....
IMG20200911164502.jpg
IMG20200911164420.jpg
For the sharpshooters amongst you out there,you MAY of spotted that i sneaked the wheels on too!!
IMG20200911164316.jpg
IMG20200911164349.jpg
Well,the pics don`t show it too well,but it`s coming along fine in reality,a nice model,(Cheap and easy too if you can find one!!),
Next time i hope the update will be a little less stressed as the whole thing settles down to what i have in mind!!
Thanks for looking in Guys,till next time,
Cheers,
Andy

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hey Andy
Looking very good so far.
Y'know, looking at that shiny green finish, I go 'post war'.
Were there staghounds still in service at the time of Korea?
Just a thought...

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Apologies for turning up late Mr Smith, being doing other things 1/1 rather knackered but here .
Looks good , nice clean build , love the figures you've picked .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I was thinking much the same, that green looks post-war. The Mk. III version only came into use in 1945, so I suppose they wouldn’t immediately have been got rid of after the war by the British Army, but they were supplied to Denmark and Lebanon too.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lovely green effect. Nice to see you still plugging away with this one. Decided on the decals yet??

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Andy, if a bit green! Are you going for a 'Parade Ground' finish?

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hey Andy
Looking very good so far.
Just a thought...
Thanks Steve,
I agree about that finish,very Toy Like,although i have seen one or two at The Tank museum with a similar Gloss.Not sure about the Korean thing,but i have heard about some in Germany `45 with the Canadians,and some in Italy,(although i can`t find that source again),so i`ve just gone for a nondescript field as a base!;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Apologies for turning up late Mr Smith, being doing other things 1/1 rather knackered but here .
Looks good , nice clean build , love the figures you've picked .
Hi John,
Nice to see you again! I hope the real life projects are going well Sir:cool:.I like those figures as well,they`re still WIPS as with three others a picked up....... i`m hoping they help to tell i lttle story when it`s finished!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I was thinking much the same, that green looks post-war. The Mk. III version only came into use in 1945, so I suppose they wouldn’t immediately have been got rid of after the war by the British Army, but they were supplied to Denmark and Lebanon too.
Hey Jakko,
You`re spot on there ! Despite their success te Yanks didn`t fancy them,so the 3,000 odd that got built went to the Commonwealth countries apparently :thumb2:
Lovely green effect. Nice to see you still plugging away with this one. Decided on the decals yet??
Steve,not much to chose from really mate,must admit,it does feel a bit like "plugging away" sometimes,dunno why though!

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Andy,
All looking very nice mate. I built one a while ago its a big old bus isn't it.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
HA!!,Tis a horid Green indeed steue
Only two sets with this one Steve,so i went the Canadian..i
LIKE those guys.
Chees
Andy
Well, I did say there was a bit of progress ,so here we are as it is.....
IMG20200930115623.jpg
At this point EVERTHING is WIP,Grasses,Tank weathering,figures ...........
IMG20200930115523.jpg
IMG20200930115159.jpg
The next time you see it,it`ll be completely finished!!
Thanks for looking in and your thoughts,Cheers for now,
Andy

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
the 3,000 odd that got built went to the Commonwealth countries apparently :thumb2:
That’s Staghounds in general, though, not just the Mk. III. It seems only between 100 and 300 Mk. IIIs were made.

It certainly is a "Big old bus"..... i think the crew must`ve felt fairly safe,compared to some other of the AFv crews!!
I’ve seen a few IRL, and the size of them is quite impressive. They kind of look like an XL-sized normal armoured car.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brill mate all round. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Awesome work Smiffy. A great base with some Dartmoor granite. ;):thumb2: Looking forward to seeing the figures