It Started With a Bike.....1/35 Alsace rest stop with playful kids.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Not sure how I just stumbled on this but - wow! This is an amazing, inspiring build. So much to learn, lots of great technique, and brilliant insights into the care and thought need to make sure it all fits together - e.g. smoothing out that sitting girl's skirt so it touches the step properly. Getting all the details right is a lot of extra work, but the end result is just [chef's kiss] - bravo!
Thank you Paul, glad you like it and found it inspiring and helpful. Unfortunately I would have liked to know how you stumbled upon this. One of my quickest builds and most of the chaps were able to follow as it unfolded. Nowadays you'd be lucky if my builds have a continuous run.

I missed it in July, but remember the enjoyable journey when you created it. So pleased to see this fantastic diorama again.
Andy
You can thank Paul for that. Nice to know it hasn't lost its appeal, Andy.

that is just stunning/superb !!
Thank you Steve...hmmm, even with those scary monkeys. :smiling2:

I did a read through again and enjoyed it too. Will take it down from the back of the shelf just to look at it again.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Boy am I late to the party!!........I remember this under construction and then it went off my RADAR.
That is an exceptional result Richard and I'm sorry for the late response. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: Rick H.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Unfortunately I would have liked to know how you stumbled upon this.
Initially I thought it had come up on my Alerts, but it can't have done because no-one had responded to it in ages. I think it must have been from a Google search - I was looking for the Tamiya book on model motorcycle construction, and this came up. That's my best guess.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking good Richard. I really like the OD color of the bike.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Boy am I late to the party!!........I remember this under construction and then it went off my RADAR.
That is an exceptional result Richard and I'm sorry for the late response. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: Rick H.
Better late than never Rick. I bet the sculpting of the monkeys scared you away. :tears-of-joy:

Initially I thought it had come up on my Alerts, but it can't have done because no-one had responded to it in ages. I think it must have been from a Google search - I was looking for the Tamiya book on model motorcycle construction, and this came up. That's my best guess.
Thanks for that Paul, never thought it be in Google.

Just stunning, fabulous work!!

Andy.
Thanks Andy.

Looking good Richard. I really like the OD color of the bike.
Wow Lee, you've gone through quite a few pages. Did you miss the build the first time on the other forum? The OD is standard Tamiya with a little yellow and white mixed in for highlights and black for the shadows.

Cheers,
Richard

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Better late than never Rick. I bet the sculpting of the monkeys scared you away. :tears-of-joy:

Thanks for that Paul, never thought it be in Google.

Thanks Andy.

Wow Lee, you've gone through quite a few pages. Did you miss the build the first time on the other forum? The OD is standard Tamiya with a little yellow and white mixed in for highlights and black for the shadows.

Cheers,
Richard
I guess I did it was interesting to me that’s why I went through those pages. Keep up the good work Richard and thanks for the tip on the OD